Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. Struggling to decide between York and Warwick universities for Chemistry. I feel like Warwick has the better reputation/league table positions, but I had a better feeling at the York open day. Anyone have any advice?

ReputationRep:
    i reccomend going to Durham,
    all my G's are there, my mandem are there.
    me roadmen are there

ReputationRep:
    I am personally putting my York as my firm and Warwick as my insurance for Biochemistry. Unless you have a better insurance choice, then you could do the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nisr123)
    I am personally putting my York as my firm and Warwick as my insurance for Biochemistry. Unless you have a better insurance choice, then you could do the same
    is your mandem at york mate ?

ReputationRep:
    I am also putting York as firm and Warwick as insurance but for Biomedical sciences

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying it's true, but I know someone who is studying maths here in York, he left Chemistry at Warrick due to just not liking th evenronment of the department. But claims he still has a love for chemistry. He put it down to the 'snotty' attitude of the lab demonstrators/Phd helper people. I don't know first hand, or if its the case now, but I do recall workng in a pharmacetucal company that had a warrric student on placement, and he was a good chemist from what I heard, but not with too many fans apparenly, had an attitue about himself, like superirority.

That can be found anywhere and this statement is pure conjecture. Don't Trust it.

Did you say of you have visited either Uni, beng able to step foot on the grounds sometimes makes that decision for you. When theres little difference in numbers, deicde the rest with how you feel.

Edit: I noticed you visited York.

ReputationRep:
    Reputations are irrelevant if you don't like the place. As a York chemistry student I can say the department is a nice atmosphere to work in and the university is close to the city, which is itself is a very easy place to live in.

OP I notice tuba in your username, interestingly it appears the UoY Brass Band is dominated by chemists too, a good place to meet chemists from other years

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.