Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you been to a University of Surrey Applicant day? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on an applicant day this weekend and was wondering what it was like? I've heard that there might be a one to one with some academic staff, is this true? Thankyou very much for any help!!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracce)
    I'm going on an applicant day this weekend and was wondering what it was like? I've heard that there might be a one to one with some academic staff, is this true? Thankyou very much for any help!!
    Hi Grace, the structure of the day varies for different courses. You can find out a little bit more here: http://bit.ly/1QnErAa

Unless you've been told otherwise, you're not assessed on an Applicant Day, so if you have time with academic staff it will be informal and simply a way for you to ask any questions you may have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Surrey)
    Hi Grace, the structure of the day varies for different courses. You can find out a little bit more here: http://bit.ly/1QnErAa

Unless you've been told otherwise, you're not assessed on an Applicant Day, so if you have time with academic staff it will be informal and simply a way for you to ask any questions you may have.
    Thankyou the reply,I'm looking forward to visiting Saturday

ReputationRep:
    I went to an applicant day yesterday and the one-on-one seemed similar in a way to a short interview, they ask some question about your personal statement and why you applied for the course you did etc.

I don't believe it's assessed though, from what I have heard, so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou the reply,I'm looking forward to visiting Saturday
    Hope you enjoyed your visit at the weekend

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.