Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Psychology A2 - I made a mistake!! What do I do? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My mistake: taking Psychology A2!
    My problem: there is literally 0 chance of me getting the B I need to get into any of the unis I applied to without investing 100% of my time in the subject and therefore neglecting my other subjects which would mean I'd get poor grades for them instead and, again, not get into my choice unis. (it's a vicious cycle). Either way, I highly doubt getting into my choice unis unless they are extremely lenient.
    My question: do I neglect psychology and focus on getting top grades in my other subjects (which I know I can do) and failing psych, or attempt to pass but allow my other subjects to drop??
    The reason I've come to these options is that my memory is, well, subpar, and even spending the majority of my time revising psychology before mocks, I still got an E. So unless someone has a miraculous memory technique or a way to beat the system and get easy marks, I have little choice in what I can do, and it's far from ideal.
    I have every ounce of PSYA3 in 5 different forms, done practice essays and am currently making post-it notes of researcher names and their research - all to no avail. I know bugger all. I don't know what else I can do (and I can't afford to get a private tutor to help). With PSYA4 to add onto this, I'm stuffed.
    Anyway, I'd really appreciate any feedback whatsoever here. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josepg)
    My mistake: taking Psychology A2!
    My problem: there is literally 0 chance of me getting the B I need to get into any of the unis I applied to without investing 100% of my time in the subject and therefore neglecting my other subjects which would mean I'd get poor grades for them instead and, again, not get into my choice unis. (it's a vicious cycle). Either way, I highly doubt getting into my choice unis unless they are extremely lenient.
    My question: do I neglect psychology and focus on getting top grades in my other subjects (which I know I can do) and failing psych, or attempt to pass but allow my other subjects to drop??
    The reason I've come to these options is that my memory is, well, subpar, and even spending the majority of my time revising psychology before mocks, I still got an E. So unless someone has a miraculous memory technique or a way to beat the system and get easy marks, I have little choice in what I can do, and it's far from ideal.
    I have every ounce of PSYA3 in 5 different forms, done practice essays and am currently making post-it notes of researcher names and their research - all to no avail. I know bugger all. I don't know what else I can do (and I can't afford to get a private tutor to help). With PSYA4 to add onto this, I'm stuffed.
    Anyway, I'd really appreciate any feedback whatsoever here. Thank you
    What is the issue? Are you finding it difficult to learn all the content? Also what are your other subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    What is the issue? Are you finding it difficult to learn all the content? Also what are your other subjects?
    It's the sheer quantity of it. I understand everything, I just can't remember it! My other subjects are maths and further maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josepg)
    It's the sheer quantity of it. I understand everything, I just can't remember it! My other subjects are maths and further maths
    Your other two subjects are important, however, I wouldn't completely ignore Psychology. I am also taking A2 Psychology this year so I understand that learning all the content is tough, Nevertheless, there are ways for you to remember the information more quickly. I basically wrote essay plans for all essay topics and then recorded myself reading each essay plan point by point on my phone, so I would have lots of bitesize revision clips. After, I just listen to these audio clips when I am sleeping or travelling to school on the bus. This helps you remember information more quickly and easily instead of just reading.

Another method that I do is I write my essay plans using different colours. This helped me learn the content more quickly as it allowed me to link certain information with the corresponding colours, so I could recite information more quickly. For example this is how I write my essay plans:

AO1 - Black
    AO2 Supporting study - Blue
    AO2 Challenging study - Red
    Methodological argument - Purple
    IDA - Green

It just makes your work more colourful and easier to remember. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    Your other two subjects are important, however, I wouldn't completely ignore Psychology. I am also taking A2 Psychology this year so I understand that learning all the content is tough, Nevertheless, there are ways for you to remember the information more quickly. I basically wrote essay plans for all essay topics and then recorded myself reading each essay plan point by point on my phone, so I would have lots of bitesize revision clips. After, I just listen to these audio clips when I am sleeping or travelling to school on the bus. This helps you remember information more quickly and easily instead of just reading.

Another method that I do is I write my essay plans using different colours. This helped me learn the content more quickly as it allowed me to link certain information with the corresponding colours, so I could recite information more quickly. For example this is how I write my essay plans:

AO1 - Black
    AO2 Supporting study - Blue
    AO2 Challenging study - Red
    Methodological argument - Purple
    IDA - Green

It just makes your work more colourful and easier to remember. Good Luck!
    thank you, i'll try that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.