With?

ReputationRep:
    What's your favourite vegetable?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Why must this be a topic to create an AMA with? Please excuse me for asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaclowton)
    Ask away
    Why do you need to alert people of your special snowflake status?

ReputationRep:
    With?
    Not eating meat - like health wise and blah blah, do you take supplements? Is it a struggle not to eat any animal produce?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heineken)
    Why do you need to alert people of your special snowflake status?
    Why does being vegan make somebody a 'special snowflake'? Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    Fav snack?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Why must this be a topic to create an AMA with? Please excuse me for asking.
    People seem to be interested and It's a hot topic atm

ReputationRep:
    Who's your favourite power ranger?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    People seem to be interested and It's a hot topic atm
    The precise reason it's a hot topic is because people are not interested. It contributes to a certain stereotype and annoys people apparently :yep: it is quite redundant imo. I wouldn't create an AMA about being an omnivore. But… to each their own! Favourite meal?

ReputationRep:
    Ask away
    If you had any animal products before going vegan (e.g. leather) did you throw them away or keep them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Why does being vegan make somebody a 'special snowflake'? Grow up.
    It is a way to define ones self with a contrare label to hide a vaccuous lack of personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Not eating meat - like health wise and blah blah, do you take supplements? Is it a struggle not to eat any animal produce?
    Meat (and other animal products) is actually very destructive for our health and has been linked to a range of our most common diseases including heart disease and diabetes.

Not eating meat is easy, not eating ANY animal products is more of a nuisance than a difficulty, just checking labels and eating in restaurants etc.

I take a B12 supplement and that's it, animals are also supplemented with B12 hence why there is B12 in meat. B12 is synthesised by bacteria and because all our food is now sanitised and we dont drink from streams etc we don't get any natural B12

ReputationRep:
    It is a way to define ones self with a contrare label to hide a vaccuous lack of personality.
    Or they're just vegan and its a word which describes their diet... not everything is some social or political movement.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know when someone is vegan?

Spoiler:
    Show
    they tell you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carrot_Cake_13)
    Fav snack?
    Many of my 'snacks' haven't really changed but I love most fruits and I still eat crisps, pringles etc occasionally. The alpro dairy free desserts are very nice as well

ReputationRep:
    Meat (and other animal products) is actually very destructive for our health and has been linked to a range of our most common diseases including heart disease and diabetes.

Not eating meat is easy, not eating ANY animal products is more of a nuisance than a difficulty, just checking labels and eating in restaurants etc.

I take a B12 supplement and that's it, animals are also supplemented with B12 hence why there is B12 in meat. B12 is synthesised by bacteria and because all our food is now sanitised and we dont drink from streams etc we don't get any natural B12
    Well, that's not strictly true. It is in mass quantities but so is everything.

Fair play to the final two sentences !

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should hide your crappy personality once in a while

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.