The Student Room Group

I'm a Vegan, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zaclowton
Nothing about this thread was made for attention or causes any negativity towards the vegan community. I'm sorry that you're ashamed to be vegan and wish to hide it from others :smile:

Making a thread about your own innocuous dietary choices is attention seeking.
Original post by GeologyMaths
I'm ready for arguing, let's go...

If you wish
Original post by Ethereal World

Cool :smile:
I'm vegan and have no desires to make attention seeking threads about it and half of the problem with people's perceptions as soon as you mention the V word is because of people like you. :h:

I didn't know you were vegan! Woo! Vegan high five! :yeah:
I'm vegan and have no desires to make attention seeking threads about it and half of the problem with people's perceptions as soon as you mention the V word is because of people like you. :h:

What have you got against your own people?
Original post by heineken
Burned by a guy that has enough spare time to create 175 separate accounts? I think i just peaked.

Bet you wish you could have as many accounts as me
Original post by Blondie987
I didn't know you were vegan! Woo! Vegan high five! :yeah:

Exactly! I didn't know you were. This means you are one of the good ones and not a militant arrogant one.
If you wish

Ok. So back yourself up with some evidence that meat itself causes cancer/CHDs, and not the saturated animal fats in them.
Original post by JenniMusic
What steps should someone take to becoming vegan from vegetarian?
Thanks!

I haven't got experience in this because I just went straight to being Vegan so I'm not the best person to ask. Just try taper down your consumption of animal products and start reading food labels to see what contains milk, eggs etc.
Reply 49
Elaborate? I've got thousands of counter-arguments ready and waiting. Please watch 'forks over knives' then come back

You said "Meat (and other animal products) is actually very destructive for our health" which just isn't true.

Fair enough you're vegan out of choice, but please don't speak about things you probably don't know too much about to back up a choice.
Original post by GeologyMaths
Ok. So back yourself up with some evidence that meat itself causes cancer/CHDs, and not the saturated animal fats in them.

That's a completely illogical statement. Meat contains saturated fats therefore causes illnesses, can we free the meat (specifically red meat) of saturated fats before eating it? No, hence the fat comes with the meat. I didn't mention anything about cancer in my original comment
Ask away

How long have you been vegan for?

I've just had my first vegan anniversary! I adore my diet and lifestyle.

What's your favourite vegan discovery?

Mine has to be vego bars.... seriously they are amazing. :love:
Reply 52
worst part about being vegan for me is other people commenting on it literally ALLLL the time! whats your least fave part about being vegan?
Original post by SA-1
You said "Meat (and other animal products) is actually very destructive for our health" which just isn't true.

Fair enough you're vegan out of choice, but please don't speak about things you probably don't know too much about to back up a choice.

It is true and has been proven time and time again. Please elaborate with specifics and I'd be happy to provide facts.

You, yourself don't seem to know much about this either
Original post by ivybridge
Sign out, buddy :smile: :borat:.

:albertein::argh::albertein:

Im lacking the energy to due to lack of essential nutrients.

You're egan yet make sense with this, colour me impressed
Exactly! I didn't know you were. This means you are one of the good ones and not a militant arrogant one.

Yeah, I know what you mean, it's personal choice and it's not even like I've never eaten animal products before, it's just a learning process and choosing what you want to do :biggrin:
Original post by She-Ra
How long have you been vegan for?

I've just had my first vegan anniversary! I adore my diet and lifestyle.

What's your favourite vegan discovery?

Mine has to be vego bars.... seriously they are amazing. :love:

Thanks for the sensible question :smile:

I love Nakd bars, but I'd definitely say the Alpro vegan desserts that come in chocolate, vanilla, and caramel although I try to avoid processed sugars so I don't eat them much
Original post by lilylf
worst part about being vegan for me is other people commenting on it literally ALLLL the time! whats your least fave part about being vegan?

Not being able to make people see the truth. It's hard living in a world of zombies
Original post by greatguy175
Bet you wish you could have as many accounts as me

<3

Quick Reply

Latest