Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mr. T's Rules For A-Level Taking Fools watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    YOU DOING YOUR A-LEVELS, SUCKA? WELL YOU BETTER LISTEN UP 'CAUSE YOU'RE ABOUT TO HEAR MR. T'S RULES FOR A-LEVEL TAKIN' FOOLS!

Rule #1: DO MULI-TASKING!

BACK IN THE 80's I INVENTED SOMETHING CALLED MULTI-TASKING. I CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA WHEN I WAS SHOOTIN' BAD GUYS WITH AN UZI IN MY RIGHT HAND AND I HAD A DESERT EAGLE IN THE OTHER. I THOUGHT 'Why is my right hand doing all the work? GET OUT THERE AND FIGHT YOU LAZY LEFT HAND!' AND THEN I USED MY LEFT HAND TO SHOOT SOME BAD GUYS WHILE MY RIGHT HAND WAS SHOOTING ANOTHER GROUP OF BAD GUYS. HENCE, MULTI-TASKING WAS BORN.

What Mr. T is saying is, multitasking is a great way to get more work done in a short amount of time. Doing some homework while listening to music? Great, but you could be listening to a documentary on the subject you're meant to be revising or researching for. It'll save you from having to do it later and it'll embed it into your subconscious.

Rule #2: DON'T LET CHANGE SCARE YOU!

WHEN I WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSE, I BECAME VERY BUSY AND HAD TO MOVE OUT OF MY MAMA'S HOUSE. AT FIRST I RESISTED THIS AS I KNEW IT MEANT I'D BE AWAY FROM THE SECURITY OF MY MAMA'S HOUSE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE. BUT, AFTER THINKING ABOUT IT FOR LESS THAN A SECOND, I REALISED THAT I CAN'T LET HIS FEAR HOLD ME BACK, OTHERWISE IT COULD OBSTRUCT MY WORK AS PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSE; AND SO I DIDN'T GIVE THAT FEAR THE PLEASURE OF ANYMORE OF MY THINKING SPACE!

What Mr. T is saying is that there is probably the thought, at the back of your mind, of the future and why you're doing your A-Levels. You realise that you're doing them to go to University, which is the biggest change in your life so far. You'll be moving out from your parents' house for the first time, and that thought can be scary. However, this fear is not good and can only obstruct your A-Level work. Consequently, if you want to get great A-Level grades you'll need to ignore this fear and not let it interfere with your A-Levels.

Rule #3: NEVER GIVE UP!

IN WORLD WAR TWO, BRITAIN WAS FACING THE WHOLE WORLD AT WAR BY ITSELF! FORTUNATELY FOR THEM, MR. T WAS THERE AND TOOK PITY UPON THEM. I GAVE THEM THE MOST ROUSING SPEECH EVER TOLD AND LET THEM KNOW TO NEVER GIVE UP! BECAUSE OF THAT, I WON THE WAR AGAINST THE WHOLE WORLD AND THERE'S BEEN EVERLASTING PEACE SINCE THEN. NOW MR. T PROTECTS ALL THE SUCKAS OF THE WORLD AND MAKES SURE THERE IS NEVER A WAR BETWEEN THE WHOLE WORLD AGAIN.

As Mr. T said: "You're going through college, and you're going to be faced with a lot of things. You're going to face adversity, the main thing is don't quit. For many people it's easy to quit, but don't. That's what separates the winners from the losers, what separates the all-stars from the also-rans". No matter how tough A-Levels seem, it is important to never give up and never surrender. If you get a bad grade then that's what happens.its very easy to give up then, but if you do then you're guaranteed to continue to get bad grades. The best to look at it is this: The only option you have ties to not give up and get back on top of it and get better grades.

Rule #4: GET SOME NUTS!

IF YOU'RE DRIVING YOUR TANK AND SUDDENLY A HELICOPTOR FLIES IN FRONT OF YOU WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? MOST FOOLS WOULD LOOK AT A HELICOPTOR AND RUN AWAY SCREAMING TO THEIR MAMAS. I PITY THESE FOOLS! MR. T WOULDN'T RUN AWAY SCARED. MR. T AIN'T SCARED OF NO HELICOPTOR WITH ROCKET LAUNCHERS FIRING AT YOUR TANK. MR. T WOULD ACCELERATE MY TANK AND CRASH RIGHT TRHOUGH THAT HELICOPTOR!

What Mr. T is saying is that you need to have some confidence and not be afraid of anything when it comes to your A-Levels. When you're taking your exam and you don't know the answer do you just not do it? No, you try out anything and get something down, because an answer is better than no answer at all! If you're working in a portfolio or creative project are you going to stick to what everyone else is doing? Of course not, never be afraid to try out an idea you've got; that's what being creative is all about!

Rule #5: QUIT THAT JIBBA-JABBA, FOOL!

WHEN I WAS SHOOTIN' BAD GUYS WITH THE A-TEAM, I OFTEN HAD TO SAY "SHUT UP MURDOCK, CRAZY FOOL"! THIS WAS BECAUSE MURDOCK OFTEN WAS DISTRACTING ME BY SAYING STUPID STUFF! I GOT NO TIME FOR THE JIBBA-JABBA!

What Mr. T is saying is that when you're trying to revise for an exam or do work you should make sure that there are no distractions putting you off from doing it. If there are distractions that you can't avoid then just ignore them. If you're doing some research and you get a message from your buddy, don't answer it! If you're revising then you better have no time for jibba-jabba if you want to get good grades!

WELL, THAT'S ALL OF MR. T'S RULES FOR A-LEVEL TAKIN' FOOLS. I HOPE YOUVE ENJOYED OUR TIME TOGETHER. WE'VE LAUGHED, WE'VE CRIED BUT NOW IT'S TIME TO SAY FAREWELL TO ONE ANOTHER AND FAREWELL TO BAD A-LEVEL GRADES!

SO LONG, SUCKAS!

ReputationRep:
    I am now very motivated, thanking you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runningcat)
    I am now very motivated, thanking you!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.