its in the formula book.
poiuyt
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
the edexcel 1?
M47h5
Report 15 years ago
I think it's 4r/3pi from the straight edge along the line of symmetry.
IntegralAnomaly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by poiuyt)
the edexcel 1?
oops sorry i assumed u was doing edexcel for some reason.
yes its in the edexcel one.
KuinKra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You don't need to know how to do that until M3. Just use what's in the formula book.

God, it's amazing the sort of stuff they give in the formula book when you look at the stuff they neglect to include. They will tell you, for instance, that (coshx)^2 - (sinhx)^2 = 1, but they won't tell you the vector formulae (volume of shapes, etc) - the sort of stuff you don't really want to remember.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by K'uin K'ra)
You don't need to know how to do that until M3. Just use what's in the formula book.
If I remember rightly, they don't give you an equation specifically for the centre of mass of a semi-circle, but for a sector of a circle and you have to use 2α = π radians or something.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by K'uin K'ra)

God, it's amazing the sort of stuff they give in the formula book when you look at the stuff they neglect to include. They will tell you, for instance, that (coshx)^2 - (sinhx)^2 = 1, but they won't tell you the vector formulae (volume of shapes, etc) - the sort of stuff you don't really want to remember.
you do need to know how to find the centre of mass of a semi circle in edexcel M2, maybe u r doing a different board?
its in the formula book, but just make sure u know how to use it.
KuinKra
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
If I remember rightly, they don't give you an equation specifically for the centre of mass of a semi-circle, but for a sector of a circle and you have to use 2α = π radians or something.
Yes, you're right. So you do have to think for yourself a little. :P
KuinKra
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by BossLady)
you do need to know how to find the centre of mass of a semi circle in edexcel M2, maybe u r doing a different board?
its in the formula book, but just make sure u know how to use it.

Yes, you have to calculate the centre of mass, but using a formula given. In M3 you're required to prove it from first principles. That's what I meant, I suppose I didn't really make myself clear. Sorry about that.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (53)
43.8%
Take exams next summer (23)
19.01%
Change uni choice through clearing (29)
23.97%
Apply to uni next year instead (13)
10.74%
I'm not applying to university (3)
2.48%

Watched Threads

Latest