Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How can I find out my insurance company? It's an MB company lease, MB say that they franchise their leases, and I haven't the foggiest who insures it. MB won't tell me details about it over the phone, so I don't know which 3rd party lease it came from, and there's nothing in the glovebox but the manuals.

What am I supposed to do if I get pulled over by the police?

"Do you own this car sir?"
    "Uhmm.. not technically, it's a lease."
    "Who's the lease provider?"
    "Uhmm.... not sure."
    "Who's the car insured with?"
    "Uhmm.... I don't know."
    "So you're driving a car but you don't know who owns it and you don't know if who it's insured with? Turn the engine off and come and sit in the back of my vehicle please."

That would go down a treat. They could run the plate through and the details would come up for them... reckon I could find out that way? lol

ReputationRep:
    You can check IF it is insured but I don't know how you would find out who by. If it is a rental I doubt the police will expect you to know the ins and outs of its ownership, just the company you are renting it from.

ReputationRep:
    PM me your reg and i'll find out for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon)
    You can check IF it is insured but I don't know how you would find out who by. If it is a rental I doubt the police will expect you to know the ins and outs of its ownership, just the company you are renting it from.
    Yep does that and it's a big green tick on MID, but doesn't tell me who the owner is or who the insurer is. Do you think MB leasing have their own insurance?

(Original post by Joeey009)
    PM me your reg and i'll find out for you.
    PM'd

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.