Recommended Revision Guides English Lit. and Language

Watch this thread
love2live
Badges: 1
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What revision guides do you recommend for English Lit and Language (AQA New Spec. ). Also, what are the best text study guides for the Merchant of Venice and Jekyll and Hyde??

Thanks!
Milzime
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I study the Merchant of Venice and the book I have is super helpful, it's the Cambridge University Press copy of the text edited by Rob Smith. It has endnotes and essay writing guidance as well as a really good glossary with contextual information etc

I don't know about the other ones because I do iGCSE but I'm sure if you look online (like amazon or something) you'll be able to find something
love2live
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Milzime)
I study the Merchant of Venice and the book I have is super helpful, it's the Cambridge University Press copy of the text edited by Rob Smith. It has endnotes and essay writing guidance as well as a really good glossary with contextual information etc

I don't know about the other ones because I do iGCSE but I'm sure if you look online (like amazon or something) you'll be able to find something
Thanks a lot! I'll try and get my hands on the Merchant of Venice book you've suggested. I know about quite a few books for the two texts but I just don't know which is the best one and I don't want to buy like 5 books and then find out that half of them are useless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (14)
18.67%
The paper was reasonable (27)
36%
Not feeling great about that exam... (25)
33.33%
It was TERRIBLE (9)
12%

Watched Threads