Archangeldemon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey, so I'm a private candidate for my A Level exams and need to take my exams at a exam centre closest to me.... on the AQA website it states that one of the requirements for registering for the exams is to have a UCI number!!!

I have researched it and it seems I should find it on my GCSE certificate but the thing is I've just come back from studying abroad and don't have any !!!!

I know my exams are next year and I still have a lot of time to sort this out but I don't know the procedure of how to get a UCI number and how long it will take !!!!!

Help! !!
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Archangeldemon)
Hey, so I'm a private candidate for my A Level exams and need to take my exams at a exam centre closest to me.... on the AQA website it states that one of the requirements for registering for the exams is to have a UCI number!!!

I have researched it and it seems I should find it on my GCSE certificate but the thing is I've just come back from studying abroad and don't have any !!!!

I know my exams are next year and I still have a lot of time to sort this out but I don't know the procedure of how to get a UCI number and how long it will take !!!!!!
Have you taken a GCSE or A level in this country since 1996? If you have then you should have a UCI. It will be on any results slips you still have or certificates. It's a 12 digit single letter code of the form 111110002222A Your old school might be able to tell you, or if you really can't get hold of it (or have never had one) the entering centre can make one up (it takes about 1 minute). If you have already got one then the exam board will probably send an error message suggesting they've wrongly allocated you a new number and the 2 will be combined. (Which then means that all your results will be combined under a single identity).
Archangeldemon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
Have you taken a GCSE or A level in this country since 1996? If you have then you should have a UCI. It will be on any results slips you still have or certificates. It's a 12 digit single letter code of the form 111110002222A Your old school might be able to tell you, or if you really can't get hold of it (or have never had one) the entering centre can make one up (it takes about 1 minute). If you have already got one then the exam board will probably send an error message suggesting they've wrongly allocated you a new number and the 2 will be combined. (Which then means that all your results will be combined under a single identity).

First time taking my A levels and never done my GCSE's in this country so never been provided with a UCI.Is it possible for them to reject me based on the fact that i don't have a UCI prior to sitting the exams or will they definitely make one for me at the time of examination or before ?Thank you so much for your fast response as you have eased my mind a great deal
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
First time taking my A levels and never done my GCSE's in this country so never been provided with a UCI.Is it possible for them to reject me based on the fact that i don't have a UCI prior to sitting the exams or will they definitely make one for me at the time of examination or before ?Thank you so much for your fast response as you have eased my mind a great deal
It can be quite hard finding a centre to accept you but this wouldn't be a reason for turning you down - it's just that most centres don't take private candidates at all.

Where did you take GCSEs? You will still have a UCI if you took them abroad (but one of the digits in the middle is a letter not a number),
Archangeldemon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
It can be quite hard finding a centre to accept you but this wouldn't be a reason for turning you down - it's just that most centres don't take private candidates at all.

Where did you take GCSEs? You will still have a UCI if you took them abroad (but one of the digits in the middle is a letter not a number),
So far just from research (AQA website) i found out that the school RIGHT BEHIND MY HOUSE (!) is accepting private candidates in their exam center !!! I hope they don't suddenly change their mind when I approach them for my exams !I took ICSE's which while equivalent to GCSE's to some degree, dont give me a UCI number
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So far just from research (AQA website) i found out that the school RIGHT BEHIND MY HOUSE (!) is accepting private candidates in their exam center !!! I hope they don't suddenly change their mind when I approach them for my exams !I took ICSE's which while equivalent to GCSE's to some degree, dont give me a UCI number
The AQA list isn't terribly accurate but it's certainly a good place to start.

I think you will still have a UCI - it's what the exam boards use to tie all your results to a single identity (as instances of people with the same name having the same date for birth are more common than you'd think). You would have to have a UCI to enter for IGCSEs in the UK.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?