Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting over someone? Watch

Announcements

Does anyone here have any tips for getting over someone?

Me and him used to talk all the time and we both knew we were talking and then it just sort of ended from him but I still really really like him it's the first person I've really ever actually liked but he doesn't feel the same way about me.

I'm not going to try and changes his views of me because I don't want to be known as the boy who's obsessed I just wanna get over him.

Any tips? )))) (((

ReputationRep:
    to get over someone, you must get under someone

Spoiler:
    Show
    yeah sorry I've never had to get over anyone but good luck :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Concentrate on your friends, your studies, your hobbies, your job etc. Just take your mind off him and distance yourself as much as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The only way to get rid of an addiction is getting another addiction.

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    Concentrate on your friends, your studies, your hobbies, your job etc. Just take your mind off him and distance yourself as much as possible.
    If I could distance myself I would
    We go to the same school, heck same form.
    Same friendship group so see him at parties etc

Yikes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It is quite true sometimes, find someone to give you a good bum whip you'll never look back

(Original post by The Joker ~)
    The only way to get rid of an addiction is getting another addiction.
    Mmmmmh.. ~ Poison Ivy :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the exact same position as you. This is probably bad advice but I find rebounding is the best, or at least flirt it up with some other people if that's your style.

ReputationRep:
    It's extremely difficult ngl, but you gotta think about yourself. Is this person worth crying over? Even if they did like you, where would you have gone from there, would you have had a 'proper' future (marriage, kids etc)? Do you have any friends, studies or work to distract yourself with? (Although this is not easily done). Delete or bin things that remind you of that person. Try to talk to new people and create new friendships. Importantly, know your self worth and respect yourself. Don't be wailing over somebody who doesn't give a damn about you, you look like an idiot you end up feeling like an idiot too. I hope this helps, if not, then I wish you luck and one day you'll be over that person. However if you loved that person truly, I doubt you'll ever get over them. You may find yourself thinking about them and wondering how they're doing and what their life is like now (assuming it's been a while). Youd like to see them again, just to hear their voice. You may not want to be back with them, but you won't necessarily be over them.

(Original post by Pharmaholic)
    It's extremely difficult ngl, but you gotta think about yourself. Is this person worth crying over? Even if they did like you, where would you have gone from there, would you have had a 'proper' future (marriage, kids etc)? Do you have any friends, studies or work to distract yourself with? (Although this is not easily done). Delete or bin things that remind you of that person. Try to talk to new people and create new friendships. Importantly, know your self worth and respect yourself. Don't be wailing over somebody who doesn't give a damn about you, you look like an idiot you end up feeling like an idiot too. I hope this helps, if not, then I wish you luck and one day you'll be over that person. However if you loved that person truly, I doubt you'll ever get over them. You may find yourself thinking about them and wondering how they're doing and what their life is like now (assuming it's been a while). Youd like to see them again, just to hear their voice. You may not want to be back with them, but you won't necessarily be over them.
    That's probably the best advice I've received thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    Time and space, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    Trying to do this myself. It doesn't help when we FaceTime. Of course I could always say no but I guess I enjoy facetiming her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.