Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University Soccer/football in the UK Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I am currently in high school living in the US. I have always wanted to travel to the UK, and I am interested in going to college there; I have always to live out the lifestyle.

I am finding it difficult however to find colleges that would fit my soccer requirements. I cannot find enough information on women soccer/football in the UK, and I am not what league the colleges are separated into.

I am looking for a highly ranked academic school (preferably with a historic campus) In terms of football, I would want a competitive school that has a decent ranking and record.

Any thoughts/suggestions/advice would help IMMENSELY.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Don't call it soccer

ReputationRep:
    Most Unis in the uk aren't sports based, most just have sports clubs I think? Could be wrong though

ReputationRep:
    Check Loughborough, I guess

ReputationRep:
    Loughborough Uni would be a good option- you can balance out your academics and football. Its mainly a sports and sciences university. Playing football usually you would represent L'boro women's football team.. Matches are usually every week or so. The university league is usually 'BUCS' (British universities and colleges sports)- you play against other universities to reach the finals. You can check about BUCS on this website www.bucs.org.uk
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by gabbycip3)
    Hello! I am currently in high school living in the US. I have always wanted to travel to the UK, and I am interested in going to college there; I have always to live out the lifestyle.

I am finding it difficult however to find colleges that would fit my soccer requirements. I cannot find enough information on women soccer/football in the UK, and I am not what league the colleges are separated into.

I am looking for a highly ranked academic school (preferably with a historic campus) In terms of football, I would want a competitive school that has a decent ranking and record.

Any thoughts/suggestions/advice would help IMMENSELY.
    Thank you

Hi gabbycip3

I think that here at Loughborough we tick all the boxes that you want.

We're highly ranked, based on a single-site campus and have a fantastic womens football team.

Here are some links that you might find useful:

Undergraduate prospectus

About the University

Womens football

If you need any more info, just let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Vicky

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bother. Women football at uni is beyond shocking as most of the sporty girls go for netball and hockey. Stay at us or look for a Sunday league team if you come here. I'd go for Durham over Loughborough since we're not talking about athletics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.