Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone remember Tomb Raider 2? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been playing it recently on my old PlayStation, even with the shocking pixelated graphics (and Lara's pointy triangle boobs) it's still bloody amazing! It's still actually really scary and tense.

I had a go on the new one on my boyfriends XBox and although it is so good, there's just something about the old ones! I don't know what it is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oh yes, I remember Tomb Raider 2. I loved locking the butler in the freezer to stop him following me around. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!! He was creepy, rattling his tray! But then I always felt sorry for him and let him out again 😂 Poor old Winston

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow i remember this game. Also used to play on PC version.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbelle2)
    I've been playing it recently on my old PlayStation, even with the shocking pixelated graphics (and Lara's pointy triangle boobs) it's still bloody amazing! It's still actually really scary and tense.

I had a go on the new one on my boyfriends XBox and although it is so good, there's just something about the old ones! I don't know what it is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    God I hated that ****ing ship level, where you ran through the flames and had to use a medikit just to get past them

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE OPERA HOUSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apronedsamurai)
    God I hated that ****ing ship level, where you ran through the flames and had to use a medikit just to get past them

The whole shipwreck thing seemed to go on for about five levels I swear! There was a bit I got stuck on for ages. Oh god, The Opera house was my least favourite level! Although, I'm not sure if I actually really 'enjoyed' any of the levels tbh?! Because it's so tense and scary! And actually some bits are so tedious. Even though now it'd be considered such a basic game, it still has that sinister eeriness. It's so satisfying working out how to do something and completing a level. Definitely more fun playing it with other people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love tomb raider 2! it was a darn hard game! still like to play it on my ps1 :3

ReputationRep:
    Yea it was great still remember some bits. Diving off the great wall. The dogs and speedboat in italy. The secret book in the library that opened the

ReputationRep:
    I really wanted it when i tried the demo but I didn't get much pocket money and it was £30 so I couldn't afford it then when I could there were other games I wanted more but yeah I really enjoyed the demo.

ReputationRep:
    Meeee played 1,2,3, Legend, Anniversary and the new Square Enix reboot

2 was one of the first games i played

Amellia123

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Meeee played 1,2,3, Legend, Anniversary and the new Square Enix reboot

2 was one of the first games i played

Amellia123
    Cant believe I hadn't seen this thread already!

I've played; 1,2,3, Revelations, Angel of darkness, Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. I played 3 first (when I was about 7)
    (TR2/3 were the best!)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yes. I also remember 1.

Never enjoyed them very much though.

ReputationRep:

Oh god, Wreck of the Maria Doria was such a frustrating level! Did you ever know about the circuit breakers? (or is it that bit with the timed doors and burners?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    Oh god, Wreck of the Maria Doria was such a frustrating level! Did you ever know about the circuit breakers? (or is it that bit with the timed doors and burners?)
    it was burners in a straight line, and you a short period of time where they were turned off; but there was a small pool of water at the end of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbelle2)
    The whole shipwreck thing seemed to go on for about five levels I swear! There was a bit I got stuck on for ages. Oh god, The Opera house was my least favourite level! Although, I'm not sure if I actually really 'enjoyed' any of the levels tbh?! Because it's so tense and scary! And actually some bits are so tedious. Even though now it'd be considered such a basic game, it still has that sinister eeriness. It's so satisfying working out how to do something and completing a level. Definitely more fun playing it with other people!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Opera House was the most boring, I liked the Offshore Rig (with the plane in the pool) and Italy the best.... the last level with that dragon was so hard!

ReputationRep:
    it was burners in a straight line, and you a short period of time where they were turned off; but there was a small pool of water at the end of it
    Ohhh I see what you mean! That was annoying Do you remember the level in the snow, where you had to get that key but some guy ran Lara over with a snowski as soon as she picked it up? Also the yetis terrified me!

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh I see what you mean! That was annoying Do you remember the level in the snow, where you had to get that key but some guy ran Lara over with a snowski as soon as she picked it up? Also the yetis terrified me!
    Yeah, very frustrating

ReputationRep:
    Soon as I saw the yetis; Id pull out the shotgun "KKKK PAWWW""

ReputationRep:
    Soon as I saw the yetis; Id pull out the shotgun "KKKK PAWWW""
    :rofl:
    Haha that's how its done!

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:
    Haha that's how its done!
    Then you listen to the gangster's death cry as they overly dramatically crumple to the ground:

"AHHHH KUUUUULLLL"

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 11, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.