Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

does listening to music distract you whilst revising? watch

ReputationRep:
    this is music with lyrics, i mostly listen to rap? do you think its distracting?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nah, I've always done it! Not a huge fan of rap tho :lol:

I'd imagine that some people would find it distracting since we all have different preferences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)

I'd imagine that some people would find it distracting since we all have different preferences
    yh
    i guess thts true thanks ahaha

(Original post by Indeterminate)

May I ask why you listen to music whilst you study? And what type of music do you listen to...

ReputationRep:
    I listen to white noise in the background

ReputationRep:
    When im working on the computer, not revising:

House music. Keeps the pace up when im typing while not being distracting like other genres

(Original post by Shiv is Light)
    I listen to white noise in the background
    I often listen to ASMR videos, its a little like white noise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    this is music with lyrics, i mostly listen to rap? do you think its distracting?
    Depends on the person tbh, i personally never do work without listening to music, and i mainly listen to rap type music. Im just used to it I guess
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    May I ask why you listen to music whilst you study? And what type of music do you listen to...
    1) I suppose good music fills you with positive energy and keeps you from getting bored

2) EDM and the usual music + lyrics variety. Not really a fan of classical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    i listen to music, bc i like to listen to it, it is like part of me ykno? its something honestly i cnt live without, im always listening to it ahaha

and i mostly listen to rap, grime, rnb etcetc
    nd hiphop (rarely<)

In most cases, yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Depends on the person tbh, i personally never do work without listening to music, and i mainly listen to rap type music. Im just used to it I guess
    favorite song nd any recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    favorite song nd any recommendations?
    I listen to quite a wide range of rap, probably when revising i prefer more chilled stuff like abstract -neverland, grits my life be like but also occasionally more fast paced stuff like meek mill wont stop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    I listen to quite a wide range of rap, probably when revising i prefer more chilled stuff like abstract -neverland, grits my life be like but also occasionally more fast paced stuff like meek mill wont stop
    yh meek mill is decent nice choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bern Herkins)
    When im working on the computer, not revising:

House music. Keeps the pace up when im typing while not being distracting like other genres
    if you want to keep the pace up listen to megadeth it is only distracting because is it so good
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I couldnt listen to music while revising.
    If it was music i like it would distract me and i would sing along etc. If it was music i didnt like then it would do my head in and i couldnt concentrate.

ReputationRep:
    I can't do anything without music, it keeps me completely focused. So no it wouldn't distract me at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.