Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My mum's a nurse and pro rata her pay is £32,000 a year, but she does lots of overtime to bring the pay up. Is it accessed pro rata or actually annual income? Also, she's divorced and remarried. Is it hers and my dads pay combined or hers and my stepdads that I put?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by BigJ97)
    My mum's a nurse and pro rata her pay is £32,000 a year, but she does lots of overtime to bring the pay up. Is it accessed pro rata or actually annual income? Also, she's divorced and remarried. Is it hers and my dads pay combined or hers and my stepdads that I put?
    I'm not sure about the first bit but in terms of the divorced section they will take into account anyone living in your household, so if your dad does not live with you then he won't be considered however your stepdad will.

Sorry I can't help on the first bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    I'm not sure about the first bit but in terms of the divorced section they will take into account anyone living in your household, so if your dad does not live with you then he won't be considered however your stepdad will.

Sorry I can't help on the first bit
    Cheers it's just if that overtime money is taken into account I won't be able to afford to move out
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Cheers it's just if that overtime money is taken into account I won't be able to afford to move out

Oh, that would be ashame. It is very confusing how they calculate things though. And my situation isn't much easier because my parents are divorced. I live with my dad but also in the same house as my grandparents, brother and auntie because my dad cannot afford a place of his own so I have no idea how they will calculate that one

Good luck though and I hope everything turns out the way you want it to

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that would be ashame. It is very confusing how they calculate things though. And my situation isn't much easier because my parents are divorced. I live with my dad but also in the same house as my grandparents, brother and auntie because my dad cannot afford a place of his own so I have no idea how they will calculate that one

Cheers pal, yeah it's like their pushing people for working hard. More fool them really cos they'd be talking themselves out of nearly £4000 a year
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Cheers pal, yeah it's like their pushing people for working hard. More fool them really cos they'd be talking themselves out of nearly £4000 a year
    Yep,It's not a very good incentive, to have worked so hard and have nothing to show for it. No matter what happens I'm sure you'll show 'em who's boss and what they missed out on

ReputationRep:

They only look at the parent, not other relatives.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    They only look at the parent, not other relatives.
    Really? That is such a relief and I've been trying to find out for ages! Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    I doubt anyone will know the answer, as I can't find the information anywhere. My parents are splitting up RIGHT NOW, and one will be moving out shortly. In which case, I'll be living completely on the income of one parent, who earns less than £25k. However, the other parent was still counted in last year's household income. If SFE do an income assessment for the 2015/16 tax year I am worried that the other parent will still be included in the household income, as it's so close to applications. Can anyone advise how to go about this?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by kit2016)
    I doubt anyone will know the answer, as I can't find the information anywhere. My parents are splitting up RIGHT NOW, and one will be moving out shortly. In which case, I'll be living completely on the income of one parent, who earns less than £25k. However, the other parent was still counted in last year's household income. If SFE do an income assessment for the 2015/16 tax year I am worried that the other parent will still be included in the household income, as it's so close to applications. Can anyone advise how to go about this?
    It goes on what they earned last year. But if someone moves out now, they don't count. Your other parent needs to send proof they're now single.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time - let me know if you want someone to talk to as I have been in your shoes - my parents split and now we have to get by on my dad's wage of under 7K

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    It goes on what they earned last year. But if someone moves out now, they don't count. Your other parent needs to send proof they're now single.
    Ooooh thank you! That's more info than I've managed to find anywhere else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Wait what would count as proof?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time - let me know if you want someone to talk to as I have been in your shoes - my parents split and now we have to get by on my dad's wage of under 7K
    Aww that's lovely, but I'm fine. I'm quite a "take no sh**" type of person and I just like to get on with things
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Wait what would count as proof?
    Single persons council tax, divorce stuff. (I can't remember the proper name of it)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Aww that's lovely, but I'm fine. I'm quite a "take no sh**" type of person and I just like to get on with things
    Great to hear it - better if you can brush stuff off and move on

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.