Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't get a girlfriend Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    There are PLENTY of ugly girls in the World. TSR is full of loads of ugly to bang average girls. Loads would love a doctor. You are a ******* DOCTOR mate. Just tell girls you are a doctor and after talking to 5 at least one will want to date you. I guarantee it. Your job requires you to be confident so you should have no problem.

If you are desperate then settling for someone average should be no problem to you. There is no such thing as "true love". You will never like someone more than yourself.
    It's just a numbers game man. Humans are designed to mate and make babies not fall in love.
    Mate, u make it sound like its so easy. If just telling girls I'm a doctor would make them jump in my lap i would obviously not be here lol. I think to some degree, expectations in relationships have gone up so much that certainly just being a doctor is nowhere near enough to get a girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infumed)
    Mate, u make it sound like its so easy. If just telling girls I'm a doctor would make them jump in my lap i would obviously not be here lol. I think to some degree, expectations in relationships have gone up so much that certainly just being a doctor is nowhere near enough to get a girl
    It is if you just have the very basics, clearly you don't.

Just treat them like a friend, but never explictly say you're just a friend. Avoid any questions like that they ask and always try to leave some ambiguity with your answers - unless this person for whatever reason opens up to you super quickly and likes brutal honesty, then do that with them too. That makes them think about you. That makes them want you in a more-than-friend way. And that gives you opportunities to do stuff one on one with them which develops your relationship. Whenever you think they're ready, which at your age will be quite quickly as these are likely older, experienced women, do something more romantic with them and not just friendly - kiss them, hold their hands. Hugging doesn't count, because friends hug. Friends don't hold hands in the cinema or kiss in the park.

It's meant to be intuitive but I'm guessing for you it isn't.

The key is ambiguity - confidence - being forward at the appropriate times. And just coming across as a decent person. Big yourself up. You're a doctor. And why did you become a doctor? Because you're a kind guy who wants to help people - don't mention the fact that half of your family are doctors (if they are) or that your parents always wanted you to be one - if that was the case as it often is. Just ****ing big yourself up. It might be a little deceptive, but humans are judgemental and you'll never get a good, open, relationship unless someone else is willing to open up to you so you've got to give them reason to - reasons to think about you when you're not there, reasons to want to be with you, reasons to trust you and your intentions (a lot of women really fear if a guy just wants them for sex and nothing else - remember what they say in conversations and get them appropriate gifts/suggest appropriates dates, prove to them you care and you'll remove a lot of their anxiety and thus they will open up quicker to you).

ReputationRep:
    Tbh bro, I'm trying as hard as i can with the amount of time i can invest. obviously if you're on call over a weekend u can't exactly hit the clubs, but on the off chance i get to talk to a girl in public, i try
    wellllppppppppppp

You can't have it all I guess

Good looks and awesome job. I don't know what to tell you Doctor.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Learn how to flirt .

ReputationRep:
    Just be yourself. The right person will come along.

I wish I had more to offer you. It is hard.

ReputationRep:
    Some girls expect way too much in a relationship. These are the ones that know they are good looking or think they are good looking. That's why you go for someone you think is alright or pray they make up for their looks in other ways. These girl don't expect too much and will be happy if guys approach them and you show you are genuinely interested in them.

ReputationRep:
    Where do i find a shy girl? Do i have to go to the library?
    Not exactly.

You'll find shy girls in a music hall (e.g in any piano room, tell her You enjoyed her play), or in a gym hall (tell her you need a jogging partner), or in a

Its coz you're a doctor. Girls don't like doctors because they're not fun. Fact.
    If you want to get a girlfriend, DON'T tell her ur a doctor but just say u work in the healthcare industry and talk about something else. Most girls are attracted to looks only so if you don't have that, its unlikely you'll be able to get a gf in ur younger years I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    Yh but ideally i want to be married by early 30s because i really want to play with my kids properly as they grow lol. For example, if i get married by late or even mid 30s and have kids soon after, by the time they're 10 (and able to play football or something) i'll be edging 50! And at that stage i don't know how much energy ill have to truly invest in them as they grow lol.
    Loads of people have children in their thirties even forties, you'll be fine. What about grandparents when they babysit their grandkids? Don't worry about age, you'll be okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Its coz you're a doctor. Girls don't like doctors because they're not fun. Fact.
    If you want to get a girlfriend, DON'T tell her ur a doctor but just say u work in the healthcare industry and talk about something else. Most girls are attracted to looks only so if you don't have that, its unlikely you'll be able to get a gf in ur younger years I'm afraid
    If that's true then I guess I'll try that, but no luck as of yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzy21)
    Loads of people have children in their thirties even forties, you'll be fine. What about grandparents when they babysit their grandkids? Don't worry about age, you'll be okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I understand what ur saying. But I dunno how active 50 year olds are to play sports with their kids. Perhaps, but I doubt it's ideal

It's just getting a girl to actually go out with you is like climbing Everest. I've literally been trying for over 20 years with absolute zero luck so far. It's probably the hardest thing I've tried to do in my whole life, and I'm a doc!

ReputationRep:
    If that's true then I guess I'll try that, but no luck as of yet
    Its not true. More girls would be impressed by the fact that you're a doctor rather than put off.

Its been mentioned a bit, and it sounds cliché but confidence really is the key. Take some time where you don't work at finding someone, just work on yourself. Do things that you enjoy and try to exercise a bit, desperation really isn't an attractive quality so being happier in yourself and happier being by yourself could go a long way.

There's a difference between confidence at work and in your abilities as a doctor etc and your self worth/ confidence in yourself as a perspective partner for someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dean01234)
    Its not true. More girls would be impressed by the fact that you're a doctor rather than put off.

Its been mentioned a bit, and it sounds cliché but confidence really is the key. Take some time where you don't work at finding someone, just work on yourself. Do things that you enjoy and try to exercise a bit, desperation really isn't an attractive quality so being happier in yourself and happier being by yourself could go a long way.

There's a difference between confidence at work and in your abilities as a doctor etc and your self worth/ confidence in yourself as a perspective partner for someone.
    I am confident. If I wasnt I would be terrible at my job and people would undoubtedly be harmed or even die. I have no problem talking to girls but I don't know how to flirt or anything. But to be honest, I'm not even sure I want to learn coz flirting seems such a cheap way to get a girl. Like if I lie and say she's the prettiest girl I've seen in my WHOLE life, and she begins to like me, what does that say about her as a person?

If It happens then it happens but I can't imagine that all the girls in the whole world need to be told they are the prettiest girls in the world to go out with someone would they??

ReputationRep:
    I am confident. If I wasnt I would be terrible at my job and people would undoubtedly be harmed or even die. I have no problem talking to girls but I don't know how to flirt or anything. But to be honest, I'm not even sure I want to learn coz flirting seems such a cheap way to get a girl. Like if I lie and say she's the prettiest girl I've seen in my WHOLE life, and she begins to like me, what does that say about her as a person?
    Flirting isn't about just complimenting them. Think eye contact, the odd cheeky smile, vaguely suggestive comments, I tend to make innuendos out of stuff they say (because I find it funny).

If you're not including any compliments / flirty banter girls might not even know you're trying to hit on them.

ReputationRep:
    Flirting isn't about just complimenting them. Think eye contact, the odd cheeky smile, vaguely suggestive comments, I tend to make innuendos out of stuff they say (because I find it funny).

If you're not including any compliments / flirty banter girls might not even know you're trying to hit on them.
    Lol to be honest I can't do a cheeky smile and wit isn't really my strong suit either. Is that the only way to do it? That's actually really hard

i always ask for the number and explicitly say we'll go out sometime, so I'm sure they know I'm hitting on them. But they either say they are already in a relationship or that they're not interested

ReputationRep:

this is actually flirting 101 doc

i'd follow this advice and all the **** torpidphill (or whatever his name is) and you're on the basics of understanding the complexity that is women

i wish you luck

ReputationRep:
    SOML

(Original post by Satanas)
    Translation: You're ugly and dont want your confidence shattered even more.
    This is why I don't like TSR.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope you find a girlfriend soon don't lose hope

ReputationRep:
    Didn't read.

But good luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.