Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! don't know what to put as the title watch

Hey,

When I get into a routine I beat my self up if one day I miss doing that activity. So lately it's been revising for my GCSEs everyday, but if one day I miss a day I'll convince myself that I'm going to fail. In the past it's been stuff like exercise, and telling myself that I'll get fat.

I don't know if this is normal, I think that it's not

Thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was gonna be like "don't know what to put as title for my essay"

(Original post by Mystery.)
    Sorry about that

(Original post by Mystery.)
    Sorry about that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey,

When I get into a routine I beat my self up if one day I miss doing that activity. So lately it's been revising for my GCSEs everyday, but if one day I miss a day I'll convince myself that I'm going to fail. In the past it's been stuff like exercise, and telling myself that I'll get fat.

I don't know if this is normal, I think that it's not

Thanks for the help
    Well that's pretty vague...it depends. If you've always been that way, it just sounds like you're hardworking and motivated (that's awesome!). If you haven't, or if it's just got a lot more extreme, perhaps that's indicative of something else, like stress. Or if it's causing you distress, like skipping a day of revising makes you very sad/angry/panicked, then that's probably something to keep an eye on. Try not to let it get out of hand. If you feel it's causing you a lot of stress or it's beginning to take over your life a little then I'd see a doctor. But if it's not that serious then, yeah, you might just be a really driven person, which is actually a fab quality. I certainly wasn't doing daily GCSE revision at this point in the year when I did mine - good on you!

(Original post by lameteenager)
    Well that's pretty vague...it depends. If you've always been that way, it just sounds like you're hardworking and motivated (that's awesome!). If you haven't, or if it's just got a lot more extreme, perhaps that's indicative of something else, like stress. Or if it's causing you distress, like skipping a day of revising makes you very sad/angry/panicked, then that's probably something to keep an eye on. Try not to let it get out of hand. If you feel it's causing you a lot of stress or it's beginning to take over your life a little then I'd see a doctor. But if it's not that serious then, yeah, you might just be a really driven person, which is actually a fab quality. I certainly wasn't doing daily GCSE revision at this point in the year when I did mine - good on you!

Thank you! I've only just started to realise this in like the past few years. I'll keep an eye on it and if it gets worse then I might speak to my doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Yer it's pretty normal for those perfectionist out there. However it can get to much very fast so be careful. It's hard to know when you've gone to far and suddenly your suffering from some serious problems so try to put things into perspective now and watch out for common mental health problems caused by stressed/over critical beliefs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.