Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just starting the 2016 thread for anybody applying to Barclays apprenticeships. I've applied for the Leadership & Management apprenticeship. Applied on the day it opened and did my SJT the day after. Has anyone else applied to this, has anybody heard anything back, or are there any current/past apprentices who can give us any tips? If so, thanks in advance. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackhaugh)
    Just starting the 2016 thread for anybody applying to Barclays apprenticeships. I've applied for the Leadership & Management apprenticeship. Applied on the day it opened and did my SJT the day after. Has anyone else applied to this, has anybody heard anything back, or are there any current/past apprentices who can give us any tips? If so, thanks in advance. Good luck!
    Just done the numercial and verbal reasoning tests. I also applied for the Leadership & Management apprenticeship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hozza14)
    Just done the numercial and verbal reasoning tests. I also applied for the Leadership & Management apprenticeship.
    Nice one. How was it? Are you doingA Levels and how are they going?

ReputationRep:
    I have also applied for Leadership and Management - and also sat the numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Waiting to her back now!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when they will start accepting finance applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey I did my sjt test two weeks ago n i hve not heard back from them how long did it take for them to reply to you. i have applied for leadership and managment.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Im just wondering whos done sjt test leadership and managment when did you get a reply from barclays. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I just want to know when you did the sjt test when did barclays reply to you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've got my phone interview next week - eep! - for Relationship Management.

It's been a few weeks since I first started the process but if I remember correctly after completing the SJT I was immediately invited to take the numerical and verbal reasoning tests.

After completing the numerical & reasoning tests I got the invitation to interview after 24 hours.

Bit nervous about the interview - but it's exciting! Has anybody else been asked to phone interview yet? Or even done it yet??

ReputationRep:
    I've just logged onto my candidate page and I've been invited to the telephone interview for leadership and management. So very excited/slightly terrified.

I haven't had an email though and right now it's saying that there are 'no book able events at this time' and to keep checking - anyone know how long around it'll be until I actually have the interview?

ReputationRep:
    Just checked my candidate page and i am also the same as sdjeha!

ReputationRep:
    I've heard in previous years you basically just have to keep checking until some become available. Stressful much?!

ReputationRep:
    if you need tests done or need help on doing a test please send me an e-mail, I have done tests from all providers be it shl, kenexa, talent q. This includes numerical, verbal, logical and situational judgement. [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliemurray3)
    Just checked my candidate page and i am also the same as sdjeha!
    If you log on now there's some slots available. I've got mine next Thursday.

Anybody who had their's how did it go?

ReputationRep:
    Just booked mine for the 18th! Does anyone know what the likelihood of getting a posting near your home would be? Living in Edinburgh and really hope i get something relativityy close if i pass everything!

ReputationRep:
    Just booked my telephone interview for Monday, feeling nervous

ReputationRep:
    Took a while but heard yesterday that I passed the numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Got my telephone interview on the 17th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indiaah)
    Just booked my telephone interview for Monday, feeling nervous
    Good luck! Do us a solid and let us know how it goes 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdjeha)
    Good luck! Do us a solid and let us know how it goes 😁
    Yeah sure,i think it went well but they really give nothing away at all, they don't really respond to your answers and just move quickly on to the next questions.Began by asking me why I've chosen my programme and what I could bring to it, then asked me about how I would manage my time (obviously taking on full time work and degree studies.)He then went through barclays values and would give me scenarios and I had to explain what I would do in that situation (e.g if you saw someone breaking company policy.)Then, and this rather threw me, he explained how Barclays contribute to community projects and asked me what changes I would make in my local area and how I would go about implementing that if i was in a position to do so.I didn't find it too bad and felt confident that I answered as well as I could, but be prepared for awkward silences after every question while they type their notes - I found this horrible as It made me dwell on the answer I'd just given.He was really friendly though and asked me if I had any questions about the programme and also informed me that they aren't going to reply to interviews until every single one is complete so could be a while until I hear if I'm successful.Hope this was helpful in someway, just be yourself as that's what they're interested in. Good luck!! also lasted exactly half an hour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indiaah)
    Yeah sure,i think it went well but they really give nothing away at all, they don't really respond to your answers and just move quickly on to the next questions.Began by asking me why I've chosen my programme and what I could bring to it, then asked me about how I would manage my time (obviously taking on full time work and degree studies.)He then went through barclays values and would give me scenarios and I had to explain what I would do in that situation (e.g if you saw someone breaking company policy.)Then, and this rather threw me, he explained how Barclays contribute to community projects and asked me what changes I would make in my local area and how I would go about implementing that if i was in a position to do so.I didn't find it too bad and felt confident that I answered as well as I could, but be prepared for awkward silences after every question while they type their notes - I found this horrible as It made me dwell on the answer I'd just given.He was really friendly though and asked me if I had any questions about the programme and also informed me that they aren't going to reply to interviews until every single one is complete so could be a while until I hear if I'm successful.Hope this was helpful in someway, just be yourself as that's what they're interested in. Good luck!! also lasted exactly half an hour!
    This is so helpful. Thank you 😁 I hope you do well!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.