The Student Room Group

Barclays Apprenticeships 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by indiaah
Yeah sure,i think it went well but they really give nothing away at all, they don't really respond to your answers and just move quickly on to the next questions.Began by asking me why I've chosen my programme and what I could bring to it, then asked me about how I would manage my time (obviously taking on full time work and degree studies.)He then went through barclays values and would give me scenarios and I had to explain what I would do in that situation (e.g if you saw someone breaking company policy.)Then, and this rather threw me, he explained how Barclays contribute to community projects and asked me what changes I would make in my local area and how I would go about implementing that if i was in a position to do so.I didn't find it too bad and felt confident that I answered as well as I could, but be prepared for awkward silences after every question while they type their notes - I found this horrible as It made me dwell on the answer I'd just given.He was really friendly though and asked me if I had any questions about the programme and also informed me that they aren't going to reply to interviews until every single one is complete so could be a while until I hear if I'm successful.Hope this was helpful in someway, just be yourself as that's what they're interested in. Good luck!! :smile:also lasted exactly half an hour!

Well done, glad you found it okay! :smile: Did they mention how long the telephone interviews will be running for?
Anyone else whos had an interview got anything else to add?
Reply 22
[QUOTE=pinkflamingoxox;63425803]Well done, glad you found it okay! :smile: Did they mention how long the telephone interviews will be running for?

Thanks! Well he said not to worry if I don't hear from them for even a couple of weeks so I guess about that long. Don't know for certain though :h:
Reply 23
Just had my interview. He was really friendly. Pretty much asked me a lot of similar stuff to the first person who posted about their's. The situational questions were probably the hardest part. As far as what I'd do for the community he asked about that and then went on to say if they gave me thousands of pounds how would I go about that. He said it'll take about a month to hear back. In terms of relocation he said they take into account your circumstances and try to work with you on that. Basically as long as you're willing to be as flexible as possible they will be too.
Has anyone heard back?
Reply 25
Original post by pinkflamingoxox
Has anyone heard back?

No they say it takes about a month to hear back. Nervously waiting 😫
Reply 26
Has anyone had more than a telephone interview? application page just says interview completed?
Reply 27
No mine says the same. The closing date isn't until the 3rd of may and they said to me they weren't getting back to people until they'd done all the interviews so we could be looking at a long wait.
Reply 28
I've done my SJT (mid-Feb) but not heard anything since, just says considering application, do you reckon I'll get rejected now? Surely if they wanted to interview me then they would have by now?
Reply 29
Have you done the verbal reasoning and numerical tests?
Reply 30
Original post by sdjeha
Have you done the verbal reasoning and numerical tests?

Nope
Reply 31
Might be worth getting in touch with them because I'm sure they would've let you know by now if you hadn't got it
Hello Everyone,

Can international students apply for this apprenticeship?
Hello Everyone,

Can students from outside the EEA apply for the apprenticeship?
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if they take international applicants? Can someone from outside the EEU apply?
Reply 35
Original post by jackhaugh
I've done my SJT (mid-Feb) but not heard anything since, just says considering application, do you reckon I'll get rejected now? Surely if they wanted to interview me then they would have by now?

I'm in the same situation, done all the necessary tests and haven't heard anthing sine which i thought was a bit odd, what have you done?
Reply 36
Original post by daiskow
I'm in the same situation, done all the necessary tests and haven't heard anthing sine which i thought was a bit odd, what have you done?

I emailed asking when I should hear back from them and they basically said just wait.
Reply 37
I got the email through today to progress to the verbal and numerical reasoning tests, much later than most it seems.
Anyone know if Barclays or any other banks offer apprenticeships that could lead to being an investor/trader with them?

Thanks
Reply 39
Got my telephone interview on Thursday. Can anybody shed some light on questions they've had in theirs? TIA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending