Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Barclays Apprenticeships 2016 Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdjeha)
    No nothing yet. At this stage I'm pretty much resigned to the fact I haven't gotten it so leaving people waiting this long is a bit ridiculous. Luckily I didn't put all my eggs in one basket so I have some other interviews lined up.

When I went we were told there were 25 places but obviously that was a mistake. You did well to get on something so selective. Congrats! 🎉
    There are 35 places across the whole of higher apprenticeships. Glad you have some other interviews, are they for similar schemes? & thanks very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackhaugh)
    Anybody heard anything?
    Nope I'm the same, guessing Ive not got in because of the wait!

ReputationRep:
    There are 35 places across the whole of higher apprenticeships. Glad you have some other interviews, are they for similar schemes? & thanks very much!
    That makes sense. I've got one for the commercial civil service scheme and another with a law firm so fingers crossed one of them comes through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdjeha)
    That makes sense. I've got one for the commercial civil service scheme and another with a law firm so fingers crossed one of them comes through.
    Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    I've withdrawn my application but best of luck to the rest of you Fingers crossed you hear something soon.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what happens at the assessment centre for apprenticeship vacancy? Please please. X

ReputationRep:
    Through to the assessment centre now, made up!
    Hi, read your threads and very much hope you were successful. X
    Please can you tell me what happens at the assessment centre.? How many candidates were there?
    Did you have to do more written tests? Any presentations as I'm nervous speaking in front of a lot of people?
    Would appreciate your feedback. X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thoughtful)
    Hi, read your threads and very much hope you were successful. X
    Please can you tell me what happens at the assessment centre.? How many candidates were there?
    Did you have to do more written tests? Any presentations as I'm nervous speaking in front of a lot of people?
    Would appreciate your feedback. X
    Hi, I was successful thanks! 3 months into my role now and love it. Are you going to apply for the 2017 intake?

There were 10 people at my AC and they took on 17 apprentices into this role. My AC was an interview based on my past experiences and how I've learned from them etc, a role play (a life in the day of a manager sort of thing) and a group task where you are given a problem with limited information and have to solve as a foursome. However, this probably changes for each AC. No presentations, no more written tests, however I'd suggest you become practiced in presenting in front of a crowd as there's LOTS of it in this job.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.