Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is starting University in September and I am going with him to study my A levels in a near by Sixth form. We are living in double occupancy student accommodation and I was wondering if I could get a student loan to cover rent/ living costs?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Okh20)
    My boyfriend is starting University in September and I am going with him to study my A levels in a near by Sixth form. We are living in double occupancy student accommodation and I was wondering if I could get a student loan to cover rent/ living costs?
    You can't get a loan and most support wouldn't apply as you're either too young to claim or not studying unique qualifications.

What you might be eligible for is to claim https://www.gov.uk/income-support/eligibility (and you should speak to someone official to find out what happens to your child benefit if you aren't living with your parents).
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Okh20

Your boyfriend may be able to apply for funding for his student finance but unfortunately you can't through ourselves as the qualification level is not high enough.

Please speak to the department of work and pensions or the student adviser at your place of study for help.

Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.