Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How long does it generally take LCC to reply to UCAS?
    I applied for this course but haven't heard anything back. I was wondering if I definitely won't be receiving an offer so that I can choose from my other options.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for this course too and they haven't replied to me either, I'm holding out for at least an interview but it's getting quite late on although someone else was saying they don't reply at all until early March so maybe they just take their time!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm panicking a little! Especially seeing people on here getting interviews etc. hopefully they just haven't got to our applications yet

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same! Even if it's a rejection I want to hear something as it's worse not knowing anything I think! Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Yea exactly!

Westminster, northumbria (x2), and leeds university what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Ravensbourne, West London, Salford, Uni of creative arts

ReputationRep:
    Hey you two
    I just wanted to join your conversation as I have applied for both BA Film and Television, and BA Film Practice.
    I have actually already received an unconditional offer to Film and Television maybe like two weeks ago. Didn't even go for an interview or anything. I suddenly had an offer. It was quite weird actually.
    But I am from Denmark so that might change the pace of my application process compared to yours.
    I had the same problem as you with my application to Westminster, try to call the uni and ask about your application. It does actually help if you show that you are keen about going there. I got a second chance at Westminster by doing that.

Hope you get in! Then we might see each other in September

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I have applied both for Film and TV and Film Practice. I have an interview on the 29th of feb for Film & TV (so nervous!) And Film Practice asked me to come up with an idea for a short story and write 2 pages of the script from one scene of the story! I am waiting to hear back if they will call me for an interview or not... Has anyone got any advice for my interview? I'm trying to prepare for what questions they will ask but it's not going very well....

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness well done!!! Thats great
    Yea thats a good idea, thanks! How did you get on with Westminster?

Thank you, so do i

ReputationRep:
    I can only say what westminster questions were like if thats any help! They asked what books and films inspired my interest in film..id say also think about practitioners who you really like and why, and what discipline you would like to eventually go down eg directing, editing etc. Good luck
    (Original post by miacreed)
    Hey guys I have applied both for Film and TV and Film Practice. I have an interview on the 29th of feb for Film & TV (so nervous!) And Film Practice asked me to come up with an idea for a short story and write 2 pages of the script from one scene of the story! I am waiting to hear back if they will call me for an interview or not... Has anyone got any advice for my interview? I'm trying to prepare for what questions they will ask but it's not going very well....

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard anything back! Has anyone else not heard at all? i'm starting to think they've forgotten me!

ReputationRep:
    I emailed them and they offered me an interview for an alternative course. So I didn't get in to TV & film unfortunately!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verwardanima)
    I emailed them and they offered me an interview for an alternative course. So I didn't get in to TV & film unfortunately!
    Aw no What course did they offer you? And do you think I should email them? Or just wait for a bit? I have no clue what to do

ReputationRep:
    Live events & television! If you want to find out what's going on with your application then I would email them, though it's up to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiemggs)
    I still haven't heard anything back! Has anyone else not heard at all? i'm starting to think they've forgotten me!
    exactly the same!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ettyhope)
    exactly the same!!
    Hey, I was offered a place yesterday after having my interview about 2 weeks ago, so they should get back to you soon!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the update. Congrats on offer

ReputationRep:
    I've just got an offer for film and television, whew. But I'm an international student so yeah only had a portfolio submission and no interview. Now that all my offers are in, I have to consider all my choices ...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.