Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What can I do with bad or no Alevels? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Lately I haven't been enjoying college and I still want to finish Alevels. But I need to know what good jobs I could do if I didn't finish Alevels or if I didn't get the grades I wanted. What careers can I get into with a lack of a levels and with a good salary. Even if I have to work my way up. What companies are good to move up in? Where are good places to look? Most apprenticeships want A levels. I need a job with good money. Enough to be independent (mostly) I don't mind a routine job or a job helping people. I could work my way up in a sector

ReputationRep:
    work at mcdonalds

ReputationRep:
    This isn't your one chance to get qualifications, try your best just now but if you don't get what you need for further education/the job you want, go down a different route

ReputationRep:
    I think its a bad idea for you to just ask around for a good job with a good salary that you can resort to if you decide to give up. If you end up doing something you don't enjoy; which is likely in the above case, then you'll regret it. You should aim to work on finding other ways to get the qualifications you need to get a good job that doesn't include a big compromise. You should also try to figure out what you want to do; your motivation for A-levels/other qualifications will stem from that.

ReputationRep:
    You could look into Au Pairing. You'd get money, a place to stay and get to travel. You can use aupairworld.com
    Or you could do a BTEC instead

Sorry I couldn't really help. I just don't know any kind of job/career that doesn't require a levels :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ab_145)
    Lately I haven't been enjoying college and I still want to finish Alevels. But I need to know what good jobs I could do if I didn't finish Alevels or if I didn't get the grades I wanted. What careers can I get into with a lack of a levels and with a good salary. Even if I have to work my way up. What companies are good to move up in? Where are good places to look? Most apprenticeships want A levels. I need a job with good money. Enough to be independent (mostly) I don't mind a routine job or a job helping people. I could work my way up in a sector
    It's okay if you get any A-level, but you must have some sort of qualification to get a good salary job such as apprenticeships which would be more useful. You are looking at the wrong apprenticeships (only the higher apprenticeships require A-levels) ,but look for advanced apprenticeships which are equivalent to A-levels.

I would advise in finishing and trying your best on your A-levels

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.