Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, could you share what Ergonomic Chair did you get from DSA? Is it the normal office chair? I can get a really good Ergonomic Chair for my back pain now but I have been recommend to wait for the DSA funding by the Disability team at my University.. I don't want to miss out on the offer if DSA normally fund an standart Ergonomic office chair.

Thanks for your sharings and help.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I got one from them years ago. It's not a standard office chair. Can't remember what it was now. But it had a head rest and had really good spinal support. But it does depend entirely on what your needs are.

ReputationRep:
    I bought one. Still in shipping. Will let u know when arrived.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your replies. I have looked at the supplier website and they offer one standard office chair for £68 so that would definitely not be worth the wait. The rest of their Ergonomic chairs look that they will be comfortable and will actually relief my pain a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    I bought one. Still in shipping. Will let u know when arrived.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am really interested. I hope it will help you. Let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M8RT1NK8)
    I am really interested. I hope it will help you. Let me know
    i am not buying it for back pain. i am buying it because it is comfortable and costs less than a leather office chair.

it should arrive in 2 days, will find out how its like.

ReputationRep:
    I am waiting for my chair and desk to arrive. The quote for the chair was over £500 and then the desk was £300.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oldstudent11)
    I am waiting for my chair and desk to arrive. The quote for the chair was over £500 and then the desk was £300.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow, you have quite a lot there. Can I ask why they recommend that for you and who is you supplier? I have chronic back pain caused by scoliosis.

ReputationRep:
    That is just the desk and chair, I also got a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with type cover, dictaphone, dragon dictation with wireless headset, Claro read, taxi allowance for when I can drive, paper, ink and book allowance as well as writing slopes, book chairs and foot rests. All in it is about £2000 worth of equipment. Student Finance NI agreed to whatever the assessor said was needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That is just the desk and chair, I also got a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with type cover, dictaphone, dragon dictation with wireless headset, Claro read, taxi allowance for when I can drive, paper, ink and book allowance as well as writing slopes, book chairs and foot rests. All in it is about £2000 worth of equipment. Student Finance NI agreed to whatever the assessor said was needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am happy for you that you will get all the stuff. I don't think I need all that although foot rest would be nice.

Thanks for sharing

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can I ask what course you are on?

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask what course you are on?
    I am doing Accounting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry for asking so many questions, I don't know much about this whole thing.

Why are they giving you Surface Pro 4? Is it because you needed a laptop so it's instead of it because it's ligher? Do you still have to contribute to that with the £200?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for asking so many questions, I don't know much about this whole thing.

Why are they giving you Surface Pro 4? Is it because you needed a laptop so it's instead of it because it's ligher? Do you still have to contribute to that with the £200?
    I am getting the Surface Pro 4 because I need light weight equipment. Student Finance NI pay the full costs if all equipment. It is only Student Finance England that want a contribution of £200.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am getting the Surface Pro 4 because I need light weight equipment. Student Finance NI pay the full costs if all equipment. It is only Student Finance England that want a contribution of £200.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for clearing that out for me.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for clearing that out for me.
    No problems

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mine has arrived and assembled. Super comfortable to sit on!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mine has arrived and assembled. Super comfortable to sit on!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great :-) So did not fund it yourself or did you get funding for it through DSA?

ReputationRep:
    Great :-) So did not fund it yourself or did you get funding for it through DSA?
    wait...i only just figured out DSA is referring to Disabled Student Allowances????

I thought its some kind of brand or something at first, like ASUS laptop or HP laptop.

I self funded it and i dont have disability,i only bought it because it is comfortable.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    wait...i only just figured out DSA is referring to Disabled Student Allowances????

I thought its some kind of brand or something at first, like ASUS laptop or HP laptop.

I self funded it and i dont have disability,i only bought it because it is comfortable.
    Yeah, DSA is disabled students allownce.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.