Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I got places at coventry university architecture, Wolverhampton university( architecture and interior architecture and property development)
    Birmingham city university( Art and Design and Interior design).
    Iam abit confuse I enjoyed all the above courses but not at Wolv uni.
    Should I get back to college and study As level and GCSE English to meet the entry requirement for the architecture course at birmingham university or not a good idea because of my age . I am 27 Years old and a mother of two children 5,8 yrs. English is my second language. pleaaaaaaase help!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yacoub)
    Hi everyone, I got places at coventry university architecture, Wolverhampton university( architecture and interior architecture and property development)
    Birmingham city university( Art and Design and Interior design).
    Iam abit confuse I enjoyed all the above courses but not at Wolv uni.
    Should I get back to college and study As level and GCSE English to meet the entry requirement for the architecture course at birmingham university or not a good idea because of my age . I am 27 Years old and a mother of two children 5,8 yrs. English is my second language. pleaaaaaaase help!!!!!!!
    What is your ultimate goal? If it is to be an Architect, which your comment about GCSEs and A'levels suggests, then yes, you should go back to college and take the GCSE English, but you could maybe get the UCAS points from an art Foundation year or BTEC rather than A'levels. Birmingham's website ougt to tell you what alternative qualifications they accept or, if not, ring their admissions department.

Otherwise you are considering three different subjects there. Coventry is validated by the Architects Registration Board (but seemingly not accredited by the RIBA?) so it would count towards part I of become an Architect. I've not looked but I would be surprised if the Wolverhampton combined course was - I think the only ARB validated Interior Architecture programme is at Northumbria.

I definitely don't want to put you off - both courses and professions gain immeasurably from a greater diversity of experience - but art and design courses are very time-intensive. As both of your children are school age, this may be a good time for you to start thinking about this if you don't also need to work.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.