Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so basically I have 3 months until I sit my 22 exams and I feel like I haven't gotten anywhere.

so far all I've revised is chemistry up to c1.2 but I want to finish chemistry,physics,maths and IT by the end of march using the TSR revision sessions but I'm feeling really down.
    I know theres enough time but I feel so panicked and unprepared and theres so many straight A* students on here and i don't know how they do it.

I have the potential to get straight A*s I don't doubt that but I'm having massive problems with planning my revision. I have a timetable but still feel like I'm not working fast enough its depressing
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Firstly, getting straight A*s is quite a difficult thing to do, but there's no reason for you to rule it out yet, or be disappointed if you get a few A's in the mix.

I know it's difficult but all you need to do is keep calm and keep working. Read through the learning material, make notes, answer questions and then do past papers, and practice as much as you can. I find that timetables are too rigid, perhaps you should just have goals of what should be done by when and work at it, but have fun and reward yourself from time to time as well.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Firstly, getting straight A*s is quite a difficult thing to do, but there's no reason for you to rule it out yet, or be disappointed if you get a few A's in the mix.

I know it's difficult but all you need to do is keep calm and keep working. Read through the learning material, make notes, answer questions and then do past papers, and practice as much as you can. I find that timetables are too rigid, perhaps you should just have goals of what should be done by when and work at it, but have fun and reward yourself from time to time as well.

Good luck!
    Thank you!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by TyanaChu)
    Thank you!
    No worries - I should add that 88 days is a lot of time (even if they do go by quite quickly) so just work consistently and you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    so basically I have 3 months until I sit my 22 exams and I feel like I haven't gotten anywhere.

so far all I've revised is chemistry up to c1.2 but I want to finish chemistry,physics,maths and IT by the end of march using the TSR revision sessions but I'm feeling really down.
    I know theres enough time but I feel so panicked and unprepared and theres so many straight A* students on here and i don't know how they do it.

I have the potential to get straight A*s I don't doubt that but I'm having massive problems with planning my revision. I have a timetable but still feel like I'm not working fast enough its depressing
    In your timetable do you spend certain amounts of time on each subject or do you aim to finish a certain amount of material each day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flyer24)
    In your timetable do you spend certain amounts of time on each subject or do you aim to finish a certain amount of material each day?
    A bit of both really I have aims for each hour I spend revising

ReputationRep:
    No worries - I should add that 88 days is a lot of time (even if they do go by quite quickly) so just work consistently and you should be fine.
    Out of curiosity how stressed were you for gcse and what did you end up getting

ReputationRep:
    A bit of both really I have aims for each hour I spend revising
    I've found setting targets for doing a certain amount of each topic daily. So C1.1 on Monday, C1.2 Tuesday etc. You seem very academic so I wouldn't worry too much about time pressure. The early parts of the subjects are usually pretty straightforward so you should be able to get through them quite quickly. Try and break down your weeks into how much you want to accomplish each week. That will help break it down and should hopefully help keep your sanity until exams
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Out of curiosity how stressed were you for gcse and what did you end up getting
    Not very, I spent most of my time playing computer games :facepalm2: which wasn't a great idea, but that kind of took the stress out of the times that I did study.

I ended up with 3 A*s, 11 A's and a B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flyer24)
    I've found setting targets for doing a certain amount of each topic daily. So C1.1 on Monday, C1.2 Tuesday etc. You seem very academic so I wouldn't worry too much about time pressure. The early parts of the subjects are usually pretty straightforward so you should be able to get through them quite quickly. Try and break down your weeks into how much you want to accomplish each week. That will help break it down and should hopefully help keep your sanity until exams
    Thank you so much you've been so helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much you've been so helpful!
    Not a problem and good luck

i have 88 days too

how do you revise science??????????

i feel i can get an A* w/ moderate revision but the sciences don't fill me w/ confidence. I want A*s in bio, chem, physics, but idk how to revise for them

Good luck btw

ReputationRep:
    Not very, I spent most of my time playing computer games :facepalm2: which wasn't a great idea, but that kind of took the stress out of the times that I did study.

I ended up with 3 A*s, 11 A's and a B.
    Thats so good! well done I wish you look in your future education
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Thats so good! well done I wish you look in your future education
    Thanks, best of luck to you as well.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear I remember this time you poor babies stay strong support eachother and good luck :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanner)
    i have 88 days too

how do you revise science??????????

i feel i can get an A* w/ moderate revision but the sciences don't fill me w/ confidence. I want A*s in bio, chem, physics, but idk how to revise for them

Good luck btw
    Thanks and good luck to you too! I just make notes using my CGP practice revision book. I don't use revision guides as they aren't in depth enough to secure an A*.

I complete topics from my textbook then do the practice questions which comes in the textbook and I also look online for practice questions and write those down on flash cards. As long as you know the spec you should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Oh dear I remember this time you poor babies stay strong support eachother and good luck :hugs:
    Aw thanks! I'm so stressed and nervous especially since A levels are being reformed and universities will actually look at GCSE grades now

Thanks and good luck to you too! I just make notes using my CGP practice revision book. I don't use revision guides as they aren't in depth enough to secure an A*.

I complete topics from my textbook then do the practice questions which comes in the textbook and I also look online for practice questions and write those down on flash cards. As long as you know the spec you should be fine!
    thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! Good luck in your revision and exams

remember to get sleeeeep

ReputationRep:
    Name:  b12.gif
Views: 120
Size:  14.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    I have 72 days until my first exam why'd you start so late ;3

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.