Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Biology Revision Guide Worth it? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've currently got the OCR A endorsed (Oxford) textbook but it has a lot of content and is quite difficult to read as it is overwhelming. Would buying the CGP Student book be worth it/helpful Name:  cgp.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  38.5 KB

I'm also worried that it's currently 3 months till exams and I have no Bio notes what so ever.
    If you do know of any other good revision guides do recommend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherx)
    I've currently got the OCR A endorsed (Oxford) textbook but it has a lot of content and is quite difficult to read as it is overwhelming. Would buying the CGP Student book be worth it/helpful Name:  cgp.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  38.5 KB

I'm also worried that it's currently 3 months till exams and I have no Bio notes what so ever.
    If you do know of any other good revision guides do recommend
    I find that the CGP revision guides are really good. I currently have the A2-Level biology revision guide and it is good. I have CGP revision guides for all my subjects and I find that they contain pretty much all the information you need at A-level. There are always a few things which lacks a bit of detail but generally I find them very helpful.

3 months is plenty of time really to get your head down and starting making notes.

Best of luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jpw1097)
    I find that the CGP revision guides are really good. I currently have the A2-Level biology revision guide and it is good. I have CGP revision guides for all my subjects and I find that they contain pretty much all the information you need at A-level. There are always a few things which lacks a bit of detail but generally I find them very helpful.

3 months is plenty of time really to get your head down and starting making notes.

Best of luck to you.
    Do you prefer it over your normal textbook?

Would you say the revision guide is better over the student book ( more detailed) basically a bit like a textbook I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherx)
    Do you prefer it over your normal textbook?

Would you say the revision guide is better over the student book ( more detailed) basically a bit like a textbook I think.
    Well, I did have a CGP stats student book which was really good. I wouldn't say the revision guide is better than the student book, the student book has a bit more detail. I only talked about the revision guides because I tend to use them more because I've usually already completed the module and so I use it to go over the module. The CGP books are definitely better than any other textbooks (in my opinion).

ReputationRep:
    Well, I did have a CGP stats student book which was really good. I wouldn't say the revision guide is better than the student book, the student book has a bit more detail. I only talked about the revision guides because I tend to use them more because I've usually already completed the module and so I use it to go over the module. The CGP books are definitely better than any other textbooks (in my opinion).
    I'll go for the student book then

Hmm do you mean to say that you own both the student book and revision guide?

Thanks for helping me choose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherx)
    I'll go for the student book then

Hmm do you mean to say that you own both the student book and revision guide?

Thanks for helping me choose
    I have the student book for a few subjects (chemistry and stats) and revision guides for other subjects.

You'd be better off getting th student book, it has lots of detail and the revision guide is a bit more condensed.

ReputationRep:
    I have the student book for a few subjects (chemistry and stats) and revision guides for other subjects.

You'd be better off getting th student book, it has lots of detail and the revision guide is a bit more condensed.
    Just went through and ordered the CGP Biology Student book for £17!

Would it be as worth it for chemistry as there is a lot less content?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherx)
    Just went through and ordered the CGP Biology Student book for £17!

Would it be as worth it for chemistry as there is a lot less content?
    The chemistry one is really good, has everything you need. I'd say it is definitely worth it.

ReputationRep:
    The chemistry one is really good, has everything you need. I'd say it is definitely worth it.
    Hahah I'll order this too :lol:

Did you bother making bio notes of your CGP guide? I'm so sorry for all the questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherx)
    Hahah I'll order this too :lol:

Did you bother making bio notes of your CGP guide? I'm so sorry for all the questions.
    I've never really been one for making notes. I only really make notes for things that you have to parrot learn. Although I have started making notes using the CGP book amongst other things (other textbooks, websites).

ReputationRep:
    I've never really been one for making notes. I only really make notes for things that you have to parrot learn. Although I have started making notes using the CGP book amongst other things (other textbooks, websites).
    Ok well thank you for all your help!!

Good Luck with your own exams

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.