Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Manned mision to Mars announced. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Mans first ever expediton to planet Mars has been announced on the news.

the mission is expected to be set for 2020. The aim is to constuct monitoring sites and survey for a permanent base on the red planet. This mission has been kept secret since 2010 but now we have finalise details, we can release the advanced news of the mission remarked mission director N Batty.

The journey is expected to take at least 12 months each way and potential crew members will be selected on their ability to work in closed spaces for excessive lengths of time.

A space craft is in the design stages. The captain for the mission is Fred Chinnery who was selected out of 1000 applicants. Mr Chinnery was chosen for his novel invention, which were shoes for bus drivers which don't blow away whilst a bus is being driven.

Inspector Cyril Smiler, inspector for Town and Country buses said last month that 'none blow away' shoes have revolutionised bus travel and made it a lot safer. Before Mr Chinnerys invention bus travel was under threat of being taken over by rail travel. But now at the depot we have made Chinnery a captain.

The lunch site is in a Wales but its specific location is top secret although Blackpool Airport has been on the short list.

Crew members are being selected from an international list of over 10 million applicants. they will be tested on ability to spend excessive time in a confined space and withstand big G forces. Compo Symonite has already spent two hours locked in a telephone box in Holmfirth Yorkshire.

Mission commander Foggy Dewhirst said that if were unable to get the crew of 10 we will simply conscript people from the local dole office.

Mr Dewhirst announced the many conservative TV shows on Channel 4 and 5, prove dole people spend at least 22 hrs a day, 365 days year playing on million pound play stations, provided by the taxpayer and eating expensive caviar pizzas while getting drunk and smoking 60 ciggies a day, so maybe 365 days sat in a space ship will give em something to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)

The lunch site is in a Wales but its specific location is top secret although Blackpool Airport has been on the short list.
    Fake. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Name:  this is an insult they've not even baited the hooks.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  31.4 KB epic.
    I just assumed this opener was a straight-up fake but now I look closely it's a satire. I think that goes in 'Chat'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unkempt_One)
    Name:  this is an insult they've not even baited the hooks.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  31.4 KB epic.
    I just assumed this opener was a straight-up fake but now I look closely it's a satire. I think that goes in 'Chat'.

Yes it was a troll post.

At least I got 2 replies unlike the zero replies I get on my majority genuine posts. Two is not a lot but better then nothing. So I had decided to start a trolling hobby.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.