Portsmouth University Watch

This discussion is closed.
sparkler
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
all i can remember is i'm on the 4th floor! i'll have a look at the letter after

Carreh
Badges: 2
Report 14 years ago
lol just texted one of my mates who is going back into halls and they are in JA as well
*back to my silence*
cjames40
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kirbz)
Ok, let me get this right, people so far in JW Hall are:

Sparkler (? what room?)
cjames40 (A-9-1-2)
marina183 (? what room?)
SciFi (A-5-1-3)
kirbz (A-7-2-6)
This A Block must be huge!! its got 12/13 floors i think, so im near the top.... Which is cool (unless the lift breaks down!! :eek: )

Heard of anyone in the other blocks in JW?
Praddles
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There's plenty over at the newstudent.org site
cjames40
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pradster)
There's plenty over at the newstudent.org site
cheers, ill go check it out
Carreh
Report 14 years ago
lol found someone on my course the year behind me aww
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kirbz)
Ok, let me get this right, people so far in JW Hall are:

Sparkler (? what room?)
cjames40 (A-9-1-2)
marina183 (? what room?)
SciFi (A-5-1-3)
kirbz (A-7-2-6)
Whay, people noticed me and i'm on a list!! yay!! lol! (I am easily pleased!)
gaga_kid
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hey,

just got back from hols and got my stuff through.. im in trafalgar hall!

im really scared i wont get my grades! they changed my course for me instead of rejecting me straight off for something i wasnt eligible for.. so does changing my course mean a) theyre interested in keeping me and b) the course im now in is under-suscribed and so if i do get a bit lower in my results they'll prob still let me in?!?

this 12th Aug deadline is a bit hard.. i sent mine off yday but what if people are on holiday from end of july to mid august just before results.....they lose out because theyre on holiday? luckily i came back on the 8th and read through the post quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cjames40
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gaga_kid)
hey,

im really scared i wont get my grades! they changed my course for me instead of rejecting me straight off for something i wasnt eligible for.. so does changing my course mean a) theyre interested in keeping me and b) the course im now in is under-suscribed and so if i do get a bit lower in my results they'll prob still let me in?!?

this 12th Aug deadline is a bit hard.. i sent mine off yday but what if people are on holiday from end of july to mid august just before results.....they lose out because theyre on holiday? luckily i came back on the 8th and read through the post quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what course did u apply for? what did they change you to?
gaga_kid
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
video production to film studies & creative arts.....

which is a 100x better course for me! they were right! need 280 points overall
cjames40
Report 14 years ago
video production to film studies & creative arts.....

which is a 100x better course for me! they were right! need 280 points overall
They changed mine from comp eng. to comp tech.. but i think thats cos it replaced it! had same points and everything
Carreh
Report 14 years ago
they can change them if not enough people are on them
gaga_kid
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
that doesnt answer my question though lol..
Carreh
Report 14 years ago
hey,

If ya mean the above questions...

a) seems they are interested, dont think they would have put you on another course otherwise

b) sorry dont really understand what ur getting at :confused: or could just be me, in which case sorry!
gaga_kid
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im thinking along the lines of if theyve moved my course it means my new course is a little under suscribed probably which means if i get a little lower in grades they might still accept me!

and with the deadline for £200 thing....... what if someone is on holiday and gets home like tomorrow and they've missed the deadline?? Do they lose their place? Nothing said to be home on this date to get so-and-so. Im lucky I got back on the 8th and not the 12th!! Sent mine off on the 9th!!
Carreh
Report 14 years ago
You should be fine with the new course!

As for deposit, im sure that cant expect everyone to be about to get the letter, what about all those people who are on gap years in the middle of no where?!
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by LemonLime)
You should be fine with the new course!

As for deposit, im sure that cant expect everyone to be about to get the letter, what about all those people who are on gap years in the middle of no where?!
If i was in that situation i would have asked my parents to deal with all my bills etc when i was out of the country. It might not be too unreasonable for them to expect the same sort of arrangement?
Carreh
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SciFi25)
If i was in that situation i would have asked my parents to deal with all my bills etc when i was out of the country. It might not be too unreasonable for them to expect the same sort of arrangement?
True didnt think of that.. Come to think of it when i was waiting for my marks i told my mum to open anything that was from uni so i didnt have to wait

And now the post comes to a stand still
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The Student Campus Card, does anybody know if we will need to send a pasport size photo in with this??

If you are interested more info can be found here
Praddles
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SciFi25)
The Student Campus Card, does anybody know if we will need to send a pasport size photo in with this??

If you are interested more info can be found here
Most probably. We'll need to take a few passport sized photos down to the registration as well I think...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (41)
97.62%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (1)
2.38%

Watched Threads