Turn on thread page Beta

Portsmouth University watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syxxthmunky)
    I have no idea abou the QEQM flats, it looks like a shopping centre to me LOL (btw i never been to any of the open days due to my coursework deadlines at school) so my only visual views about the accomodations are the accomodation booklets lol!

My friend is in QEQM, i have one friend coming to portsmouth
    LOL you r right it does look like a shopping centre!That is why im worried.I realy hope there are good people fun people I can be friends with!Everyone is going to James watson.It sounds fun.It was my second choice but didn't get thru!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marina183)
    Hey Ellis.
    I'm doing buisness mareting aswell..should be good fun.
    I took a gap year (sort of- I actually started at a UCL in London and then hated it and quit) so I'll be 19, turning 20 when we start.

Aren't Langstone flats quite far from the business building- Richmond Building?
    I'm in James Watson.
    Can't wait...not long now.
    Im studing Accounting and business Law.Cant wait to go Portsmouth!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LILY)
    Im studing Accounting and business Law.Cant wait to go Portsmouth!!
    sweet! all the people studying some form of business degree will be studying in a seperate business school building right? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    sweet! all the people studying some form of business degree will be studying in a seperate business school building right? :confused:
    Really! i thought It is just one or 2 buildings!R u excited about Portsmouth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LILY)
    Really! i thought It is just one or 2 buildings!R u excited about Portsmouth?
    I think there's a business school and the main university, maybe someone else here can give a definate answer...

Hell yeh i am excited! new experience, new school, new room, new friends, new sports, it's all good

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a business school and the main university, maybe someone else here can give a definate answer...

Hell yeh i am excited! new experience, new school, new room, new friends, new sports, it's all good
    Happy A levels are over, so i can jus look forward 2 uni!U gt everything ready.Ready 2 go?I still gota get bits and bobs and a TV licence!Are we allowed mini fridges?Does ur friend like QEQM halls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LILY)
    Happy A levels are over, so i can jus look forward 2 uni!U gt everything ready.Ready 2 go?I still gota get bits and bobs and a TV licence!Are we allowed mini fridges?Does ur friend like QEQM halls!
    Yeh i am happy the secondary school exams are gone at last now which were suppose to be the hardest set of exams we do in our life!

I haven't got anything ready yet, i dont need to get ready this early, i think all i need to buy is a mini fridge (god no's if we are allowed those really) a mini tv (or might just bring my 21" one)

That's all really, everything else i got, i just need to pack up.

My friend is ok with the QEQM halls, that was his 2nd choice i think it was, i asked him r u satisfied? he replies "yup i am, at least its an en-suite room"

ReputationRep:
    Thanx 4 reassuring me that them halls were ok.I was getting worried because no -one talks about them.Only James Watson halls are the place 2 b apparently!

ReputationRep:
    By da way, R u doin business as well.It shud b gud!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LILY)
    By da way, R u doin business as well.It shud b gud!
    Yup yup, i am, i am doing Business Marketing, if there is a seperate business studies building, we might bump into each other one day

ReputationRep:
    Yup yup, i am, i am doing Business Marketing, if there is a seperate business studies building, we might bump into each other one day
    There must be more than one building because there will be a lot of us.They just can't cram us in like that!Yep,we mite see each other one day!U excited bout freshers week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LILY)
    There must be more than one building because there will be a lot of us.They just can't cram us in like that!Yep,we mite see each other one day!U excited bout freshers week!
    yehhhh looking forward to freshers week although i dont know what i am going to do there LOL i probs look like a git and just be standing in the corner

btw what stuff are you going to be interested in at portsmouth?

ReputationRep:
    yehhhh looking forward to freshers week although i dont know what i am going to do there LOL i probs look like a git and just be standing in the corner

btw what stuff are you going to be interested in at portsmouth?

Is freshers week like a prom, when you have to dress formally?im baft!
    I will do anything fun.sports, music.Wen i get there i will c mre.Wot bout u?
    I just hope i will make friends easily der!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LILY)
    Is freshers week like a prom, when you have to dress formally?im baft!
    I will do anything fun.sports, music.Wen i get there i will c mre.Wot bout u?
    I just hope i will make friends easily der!!!
    ahhh well if it is a formal week like the prom, that's good i still kept my 6th form suit and the bunch of shirts i have haha

Yeh same here, anything thats fun and active. I want to get into a band and be a bass player, portsmouth is an area where rock music is quite popular i think. I will be hoping to get into new sports such as skateboarding and BMX'ing (that if i dont make a fool of myself lol)

Oh btw, about your fridge question, i read the halls residennce handbook that i got from portsmouth, it says we are not allowed fridges in there Another thing, we have to use the uni's internet connection, damn! i thought i could use my 24/7 broadband by just plugging it into a telephone socket, i guess that's out of the question.

two more to add to the list

ok mini fridges, my friend got away with one but thats cos the cleaner was so so nice and let her keep it when she saw it during room inspections but you mite not get the nice cleaner so ur own risk.

Freshers Ball: from my all my mates i heard there is not much point in dressing up really nice so no poofy ball dresses

You can get the equivilent of broadband but you have to pay for it

As for the business school ur probably have all/most of ur lectures there, depending. i have some business lectures in there next year so looking forward to going in the new building, had them at the milton campus before.

Uni starts in the 4th, as does freshers fortnight i think

And finally... Langstone is about a 25 min bus journey to the campus, then a couple of mins walk away. buses used to run every half hour/hour but they may change for this year with the double decker.

Any other questions?! once again im feeling useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonLime)
    two more to add to the list

ok mini fridges, my friend got away with one but thats cos the cleaner was so so nice and let her keep it when she saw it during room inspections but you mite not get the nice cleaner so ur own risk.

Freshers Ball: from my all my mates i heard there is not much point in dressing up really nice so no poofy ball dresses

You can get the equivilent of broadband but you have to pay for it

As for the business school ur probably have all/most of ur lectures there, depending. i have some business lectures in there next year so looking forward to going in the new building, had them at the milton campus before.

Uni starts in the 4th, as does freshers fortnight i think

And finally... Langstone is about a 25 min bus journey to the campus, then a couple of mins walk away. buses used to run every half hour/hour but they may change for this year with the double decker.

Any other questions?! once again im feeling useful
    *crosses mini fridge off the list*

How long are lectures generally btw?

Single lecture - 50mins

Double lecture - 1hr 50mins

But that was just me, thats general i think, but it can vary

BTW im gunna be online for a couple of hours if anyone is about to chat has anything to ask

*lemonie*

ReputationRep:
    What date is everyone going down to pompey? I'm planning on the 2nd Oct.

i think a large majority of ppl in halls will get there 2/3 oct, ppl in private accom will be there earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonLime)
    i think a large majority of ppl in halls will get there 2/3 oct, ppl in private accom will be there earlier
    private eh? :eek: how did they get that? lol

I most likely be at my halls at the 3rd October, i'll stay at home on the 2nd October or visit some friends at their uni's and say goodbye before i leave.

Is anyone at the langstone flats?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.