The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
LILY
If u miss all them lectures and seminars.U must love the uni so much.U have reaaly convinced me that im going somewhere really exciting.U sound lyke a new student all over again!:smile:

Do i?! hehe :redface: i just miss people from my course and the atmosphere. In about a months time pompey will transform and you can tell the sudents have arrived, its great!

ill shut up now.... :biggrin:
Reply 361
LemonLime
Do i?! hehe :redface: i just miss people from my course and the atmosphere. In about a months time pompey will transform and you can tell the sudents have arrived, its great!

ill shut up now.... :biggrin:

Great 2 hear dat!:smile:.Can't wait 2 meet new friends, be in a new environment and be a "Student".Makes me sound older and mature!LOL.Portsmouth here we come.Finally posted my UCAS letter 2day 2 confirm my place.Its all finally now!!
Reply 362
nooooooo the thread has come to a standstill!!!

How is everyone else looking forward to moving away from home to sunny portsmouth??
LemonLime
nooooooo the thread has come to a standstill!!!

How is everyone else looking forward to moving away from home to sunny portsmouth??

i cant wait! i live in one hell of a boring place.... so i cnt wait to finally have something to do!! :smile:
Reply 364
cjames40
i cant wait! i live in one hell of a boring place.... so i cnt wait to finally have something to do!! :smile:

hehe portsmouth is a hive of activity, dont go mad now! :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 365
Wow - this thread's certainly been lively since results day :biggrin:

I had a welcome pack from the University come through today - had a booklet from the union about moving down and fresher's fortnight, and some stuff about my course (booklist and general details) as well as a diary and some random leaflets :smile:
pradster

I had a welcome pack from the University come through today - had a booklet from the union about moving down and fresher's fortnight, and some stuff about my course (booklist and general details) as well as a diary and some random leaflets :smile:

i still had nothin,
im hopin its gonna come mon cos im over there for a week from tues... so im gettin no post!
free diary tho.... never a bad thing :tongue:
Reply 367
pradster

whats the diary like?? whats the diary like?!?!?!?! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

sorry i want one, loved mine last year :redface:

How many hours of lectures do you have a week everyone? looking forward to them?!
LemonLime
whats the diary like?? whats the diary like?!?!?!?! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

How many hours of lectures do you have a week everyone? looking forward to them?!

well im guessing it starts with january and ends in december... prob got an address book at the back.... :tongue:
Reply 369
cjames40
well im guessing it starts with january and ends in december... prob got an address book at the back.... :tongue:

its an academic diary actually :tongue: nah all i meant is does it have shells all over it like last year, had loads of info inside of it that was really useful.
LemonLime

I am not sure, hopefully the pack i get from portsmouth will tell me every ounce of details! :cool:
Reply 371
LemonLime

The diary's pretty cool - It's got info in the front about different things about the university (Campus Card, Facilities, Advice, Accomodation, Money, SU) and has a map in the back. It's an academic diary, but I already have a filofax so I doubt I'll be using it much - you can have it if you want :wink:

I'm not entirely sure how many hours of lectures I have a week because my Course Information letter didn't say, but I've heard that Architecture entails about 40 hours a week :eek:
Reply 372
pradster
The diary's pretty cool - It's got info in the front about different things about the university (Campus Card, Facilities, Advice, Accomodation, Money, SU) and has a map in the back. It's an academic diary, but I already have a filofax so I doubt I'll be using it much - you can have it if you want :wink:

I'm not entirely sure how many hours of lectures I have a week because my Course Information letter didn't say, but I've heard that Architecture entails about 40 hours a week :eek:

Can well imagine it, my flatmate who did archi was up till all hours finishing her portfolio and making models etc and her elective as well!
Reply 373
hmmm... this thread is so popular we should try and make our own subsection!!!

I still don't know when I'm gonna move into my house... its such a hassle to only be able to move in on weekends... limits me greatly. I think I'll learn to drive this semester (not work, oh no no no lol) :tongue:
Reply 374
rednirt
hmmm... this thread is so popular we should try and make our own subsection!!!

I still don't know when I'm gonna move into my house... its such a hassle to only be able to move in on weekends... limits me greatly. I think I'll learn to drive this semester (not work, oh no no no lol) :tongue:

Petition me thinks...for our own sub forum.....

At least you have somewhere to live!

What is the w.o.r.k. you speak of? I dont think i know about this concept... :biggrin: hehe

rednirt did the first year of ur degree count towards ur final degree? On the website it says mine didnt which i really wish id know!! :tongue:
Reply 375
LemonLime
Petition me thinks...for our own sub forum.....

At least you have somewhere to live!

What is the w.o.r.k. you speak of? I dont think i know about this concept... :biggrin: hehe

rednirt did the first year of ur degree count towards ur final degree? On the website it says mine didnt which i really wish id know!! :tongue:

unfortunately mine didn't, as I got a high 2-1 so would have been nice not to start from scratch again... I don't think many of the ourses nowadays do count for anything in the first year do they?

And have you not found a place to live? I'd offer our sofa if you like but the house is so damn cramped *grumble* ... lets just say it doesn't meet my normaly high standards... I want my old flat :frown:
Reply 376
rednirt
unfortunately mine didn't, as I got a high 2-1 so would have been nice not to start from scratch again... I don't think many of the ourses nowadays do count for anything in the first year do they?

And have you not found a place to live? I'd offer our sofa if you like but the house is so damn cramped *grumble* ... lets just say it doesn't meet my normaly high standards... I want my old flat :frown:

Thats ok then lol was gunna be well annoyed if it was just mine! Some of the places people looked at they were HORRID but a few people i know were so lucky. *prays i win the lottery to live at gunwharf* :biggrin:
Reply 377
Boring old me again... go nowt better to do :biggrin:

does anyone know if they have to do an elective? rednirt, you mite be able to help cos you might have done one last year, what do you get to choose from?
Does anyone come into your room apart from yourself? Such as the hall managers for random checks, the cleaners etc...
Reply 379
Syxxthmunky
Does anyone come into your room apart from yourself? Such as the hall managers for random checks, the cleaners etc...

On that note, have people from "the outside" ever come in and helped themselves to your brand new television/laptop/hi-fi system/priceless stamp collection?

Latest

Trending

Trending