Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    hmm, thanks pradster and lemonlime for the rep! even though it isnt worth any points, its the thought that counts (thats if it was good rep)! you should've left a message - so i couldve given some back.. dunno if i should now, hmph!

I'm just giving rep to all you guys going to Pompey

I got a letter telling me I can go down on October 1st - which I think I will

(Original post by rednirt)
    I applied to the union last year, in about May for administerial work and they never got back to me, the cheek! I'd have at least liked a letter saying, thankyou, but no thankyou.

I would send my tutor an email but the address she gave us doesnt work, and the people in the office didn't know who she was :confused:
    oooo spooky.... :confused: have you searched from them at port.ac.uk?
    I wanna know what the first week will hold, whether or not i have lectures etc

ReputationRep:
    did anything ever happen bout getting a sub forum?
    26 pages... and every time im log on i got a load to catch up on :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    lol, my mother isn't as careful as to steam! she just opens them, pure and simple! there's never any love letters anyway

teehee
    Well if you want give me your addy and a description of you and I will write you one (my love letters are gooooood, they never fail!)!! Might give you something interesting to talk to your mum about! lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonLime)
    Scifi25 did you post somewhere, mite have been here, not sure, about you not having any photos to put up anywhere?
    Yeah I did post that I only had one photo, it wasnt on this thread tho. Don't think it was in a PM to you! Though I have found another photo of an ex/friend :rolleyes: of mine before we went to my leavers ball at school. So now I have 2 photos!! Yay!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pradster)

I got a letter telling me I can go down on October 1st - which I think I will

Yeah, i think I am going down on that date now. My dad was like hey, we will be able to park the car out the front. Hes complaining because my desktop (computer) weighs a ton let alone all my clothes!! How cold does it get in pomey in winter? Cos I may bring my amazing 1951 British Army greatcoat down with me! Trust me its cool! Its an ex museum piece and is in mint condition!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjames40)
    did anything ever happen bout getting a sub forum?
    26 pages... and every time im log on i got a load to catch up on :rolleyes:
    I dont think so. I know all of us signed it but I think it has been ignored by ollie in particular as he mods that board. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    I dont think so. I know all of us signed it but I think it has been ignored by ollie in particular as he mods that board. :mad:
    nothing will come of it - we're not special enough, our uni isn't respected enough or whatever

It would be a drain on the server though, adding yet another sub forum - we'll just have to plod along as we are already

ooo lots of posts to read

lol lets all send sparkler love letters, that will always get ur mum talking. Like when a guy i had never met, and my mum had never heard of sent me a bunch of flowers for my birthday, never heard the end of it! :rolleyes:

Aww SciFi25, do what i did, i only had 4 pics about, one of my bf, 2 of my parents and one of my and two friends at center arcs when i was 13. So.... I got loads of funny/arty/free postcards from cinema and just stuff i really liked from mags/paper/other stuff and plastered my walls with it my notice board was packed, looked very cool if i do say so myself.

It can get really cold, id bring it just in case, you have to make at least one trip to the beach in december to see how amazingly white ull go

Why doesnt someone with alot of free time and amazing computer talent make us a free one?! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A Portsmouth forum?

ReputationRep:
    ooo lots of posts to read
    Sorry!! I will do this one as one big post!

lol lets all send sparkler love letters, that will always get ur mum talking. Like when a guy i had never met, and my mum had never heard of sent me a bunch of flowers for my birthday, never heard the end of it! :rolleyes:
    I would put up a sample of the one i did for my aforementioned ex/friend but she never saw it and i dont want to scare her just incase she sees it! Might write a generalised one though!

Aww SciFi25, do what i did, i only had 4 pics about, one of my bf, 2 of my parents and one of my and two friends at center arcs when i was 13. So.... I got loads of funny/arty/free postcards from cinema and just stuff i really liked from mags/paper/other stuff and plastered my walls with it my notice board was packed, looked very cool if i do say so myself.
    Yeah, might take my FHM/Maxim collection and cut pics out of it to make up! Though apparently my mates are organising some kind of surprise pary, so I may take photos there!

It can get really cold, id bring it just in case, you have to make at least one trip to the beach in december to see how amazingly white ull go
    Well you will spot me in my green greatcoat with brass buttons!

(Original post by rednirt)
    nothing will come of it - we're not special enough, our uni isn't respected enough or whatever

It would be a drain on the server though, adding yet another sub forum - we'll just have to plod along as we are already
    Why doesnt someone with alot of free time and amazing computer talent make us a free one?! :rolleyes:
    Well, can't say we tried!! lol! We will just have to make this the largest thread on the board!

If anyone is ever around portland/lion/richmond/bucks/burn ill probs see you, thats where i live lol. ill be outside looking at the fishies

ok need to fill thread with useful but pointless posts... the weather today in pompey is quite nice, sunny, not sure on temp as not been outside :cool:

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is ever around portland/lion/richmond/bucks/burn ill probs see you, thats where i live lol. ill be outside looking at the fishies

ok need to fill thread with useful but pointless posts... the weather today in pompey is quite nice, sunny, not sure on temp as not been outside :cool:
    we need to get more people goin to portsmouth to come on here!!
    that way we'll have more people to complain bout not having one

they'll cave eventually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjames40)
    we need to get more people goin to portsmouth to come on here!!
    that way we'll have more people to complain bout not having one

they'll cave eventually
    We should make up t-shirts to advertise ourselves while we are at pompey!! Try to get people to sign the petition!!

ReputationRep:
    what fishies??? and im in the richmond building

so i had that letter today - i would liketo have gone down on the thursday or friday but i got my driving test! oooooh.. :eek:
    so im still moving in on the saturday - and im hoping thats what most people will do cause of parents working and ****. and i see they are asking for even more of my horrible passport photos oh well..

and by the looks of it my first trip back home will be at the end of october when my friends are back for a birthday - will be the first time i'll have seen them in more than a month, ive never been away from them for so long :rolleyes:

im getting some photos developed from new years eve to give to the girls and ive found these stick-on speech bubbles that im gonna write stuff on them with - they are funniest photos ever from the best night out ever! i only lasted an hour and a bit (shaming, i know - but we are 99% sure i got spiked :eek: - even though thats a pretty bad thing it was still so much fun!!) so from 8.30pm new years eve til 3am new years day i was passed out in our hotel, and when i woke i had no clue what had happened and i still thought it was about 9o clock! lol, this is a very shortened version of the night, the full story is soooo funny....

anyway, pretty pointless, random posting by me again. i apologise

ReputationRep:
    im goin down on the thursday probably! i wanna get there early, dunno why.... it just seems like a good idea!!

besides... i can help you all move in

Hmm... when we get to uni, print something things off with the address and dump them round uni and notice boards etc works for some things!

Lol these t-shirts are going to be advertising alot of things!! do the cheaper version, there is a company that personalised cheap bags that are like 2.50, run some of them up

I really need to take some more photos... actually need to get a life before taking photos... *new year resolution me thinks*

There are or were fishies in a pond outside of the portland cafe

Ill be abouts on the friday maybe saturday/sunday if anyone gets stuck for what to do etc

Think the first time ill be going home is the weekend before my bday in october. home to get the pressies then back again

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Yeah I will probably be going down on the friday evening/night. I will PM my mobile number (and probably a picture of me) to you all closer to the time so if you need any help you can call me!

(Original post by SciFi25)
    Lol! Yeah I will probably be going down on the friday evening/night. I will PM my mobile number (and probably a picture of me) to you all closer to the time so if you need any help you can call me!
    I can be about for people if they get lost/cant find somewhere/want some ideas on what to do/see/drink oh and i know taxi numbers and bus routes

ReputationRep:
    I can be about for people if they get lost/cant find somewhere/want some ideas on what to do/see/drink oh and i know taxi numbers and bus routes
    All very nice of course but how are we meant to contact u?? lol! For instance it might take a while for us all to get on the internet, esp. in our rooms!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.