Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Portsmouth University watch

Announcements

(Original post by SciFi25)
    I was not thinking of that kind of noise!!
    :eek: I imagined so... i wasnt thinking of that noise either but i thought id be clean for a change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonLime)
    Hmm... call the housing department then. It did say somewhere *i think* that if u wanna move room then you might be able to in the first weeks of term.
    I say call 'em. The worst they can say is no, they might be able to swap a few rooms around. Or get really friendly with someone in ur flat and they mite swap with ya.
    I dont think anyone would want to swap with me, afterall no one wants to move into a room of a view of stinging nettles when you open the curtains or be next to the kitchen

ReputationRep:
    Or get really friendly with someone in ur flat and they mite swap with ya.
    we ended up with 8 peeps in our flat which was meant for 6 cos we had lodgers - one of which was out great friend Hayley, the other was a live in girlfriend - sharing one freezer between 8 was not fun!!! But aside fromt hst it was cool - think thats why I'm apprehensive about moving into a small house - i'm used to having dinner parties for 16

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I imagined so... i wasnt thinking of that noise either but i thought id be clean for a change
    U clean? Yeah riiiiiighhht!! :rolleyes: Dammit, why am I always the dirty one?? lol!

U clean? Yeah riiiiiighhht!! :rolleyes: Dammit, why am I always the dirty one?? lol!
    Um.... no idea

ReputationRep:
    Um.... no idea
    Guess its just talent I suppose!! But I bow the dirtyer mindedness of my uncle!! hehehe!

Guess its just talent I suppose!! But I bow the dirtyer mindedness of my uncle!! hehehe!
    innuendos are the best, seem to be very good at those... :rolleyes: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    innuendos are the best, seem to be very good at those... :rolleyes: :eek:
    Noted!! lol! Oh, my mate and I managed to have an entire night out where we said pretty much nothing to each other that wasnt an inuendo!! That was back in the day though!! lol!

Edit: Need to do that again really!! Its really difficult though!

Noted!! lol! Oh, my mate and I managed to have an entire night out where we said pretty much noting to each other that wasnt an inuendo!! That was back in the day though!! lol!
    I went to a girls school where innuendos seemed to be taught to us. Any method to embarrass male teachers was a must Its funny to have a conversation with a mate, full of innuendos and another mate doesnt get any of them.

ReputationRep:
    I went to a girls school where innuendos seemed to be taught to us. Any method to embarrass male teachers was a must Its funny to have a conversation with a mate, full of innuendos and another mate doesnt get any of them.
    Hehehe! I think my best one was asking her if she wanted a large one (in reference to a vodka and coke), replying only if I had the time to find it. It was good!! lol!

Hehehe! I think my best one was asking her if she wanted a large one (in reference to a vodka and coke), replying only if I had the time to find it. It was good!! lol!
    hehe

less than a month to go!

ReputationRep:
    Question!

It says on the Portsmouth Uni site that the rooms have access to a free internal calls via the phones, but is that just the halls you're in or does it include other university buildings and other halls?

(Original post by pradster)
    Question!

It says on the Portsmouth Uni site that the rooms have access to a free internal calls via the phones, but is that just the halls you're in or does it include other university buildings and other halls?
    Includes all internal call to the whole of the university

ReputationRep:
    Includes all internal call to the whole of the university
    And answered so quickly too! How much do I owe you?

(Original post by pradster)
    And answered so quickly too! How much do I owe you?
    I just sit here all day waiting for someone to post

ReputationRep:
    I just sit here all day waiting for someone to post
    Thats sad! At least I actually do some work (am at work now) and occasionally look at the BBC news site!

Thats sad! At least I actually do some work (am at work now) and occasionally look at the BBC news site!
    lol i dont really, i do uni work as well to stimulate the mind :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danm)
    i loved the place, big, open, clean, fresh blahhh

bit worried bout the navy boys everywhere could be a bit dodgy but theres a nursing complex across the road from architecture, all good!
    Glad you like it here I don't go to the university but I've lived here all my life so far & so I thought I'd say something or I'd feel left out

By the way, don't worry about the navy boys but don't get too excited about the nurses. I haven't seen a pretty nurse all my life. Except in movies.

(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Glad you like it here I don't go to the university but I've lived here all my life so far & so I thought I'd say something or I'd feel left out
    By the way, don't worry about the navy boys but don't get too excited about the nurses. I haven't seen a pretty nurse all my life. Except in movies.
    To be honest the only navy blokes i saw were when they were doing their morning run. Oh and when that big american ship offloaded all their blokes. And the cash machines ran out of money :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A mate and I are planning on visiting Portsmouth on the 22nd (we think). Is it possible to get a chance to look around JW while we are down? Who would I contact in order to do that?

As always, thanks for the help.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.