Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonLime)
    To be honest the only navy blokes i saw were when they were doing their morning run. Oh and when that big american ship offloaded all their blokes. And the cash machines ran out of money :rolleyes:
    Well I see loads of navy people because I got quite a few friends living in the navy estate down near the Portsmouth Museum. I don't see the problem with them anyway They just like their firearms that's all.

So are there quite a few people from Pompey on this board?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else get lots of sheets from your course! I have to choose my semester options. I have like a choice between 10 options and they sent with a synopsis of each unit but for only 3 units. So i know in detail what 3 units are just not the rest. Makes it bloody hard to choose!!

Also, it says by now I should have sent off four passport photos to different places. I've only sent off 3. How many have you sent off?

Can I just ask - WHAT SUBJECTS ARE YOU ALL TAKING?

Simon the number for James Watson reception is 02392 84 3880. They will be able to help you.

gaga_kid, a little tip to ee if you can find any more details about the units, go to google and type in the title of the unit with " " around it, then siteort.ac.uk. You may find out that other courses are taking etc. can give you info on assessment methods, number of people on the unit etc. Doesnt always bring up the info tho. Ones with tech.port.ac.uk or something like that tend to tell you the mos info.

ReputationRep:
    also, what is a HEMIS NO. ?

ReputationRep:
    Simon the number for James Watson reception is 02392 84 3880. They will be able to help you.
    Thank you! They were very helpful. I am going fo a lookee round on the 23rd at 14:00!! Beer cans at the ready!!

(Original post by SciFi25)
    Thank you! They were very helpful. I am going fo a lookee round on the 23rd at 14:00!! Beer cans at the ready!!
    lol are you seeing your room?

gaga_kid, ur HEMIS number is ur student id number, its on ur student card when you get given it.

ReputationRep:
    lol are you seeing your room?
    Nope, I am not. Though I have been told I am seeing a similar one. I will post the room number if I remember!!

U wanna show us round the rest of pompey?? Promise we will be on best behaviour! :rolleyes: lol!

If you get the chance look round the facilities like laundry etc cos you know what to expect when you get there

ReputationRep:
    If you get the chance look round the facilities like laundry etc cos you know what to expect when you get there
    oooo! Good tip! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I got my job application form from the union today. They sent it by post to my office! Lol! I would be annoyed but that means it gets opened and delivered to my desk! So cool!

I got my job application form from the union today. They sent it by post to my office! Lol! I would be annoyed but that means it gets opened and delivered to my desk! So cool!
    How random!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syxxthmunky)
    sweet!! Harrow? I've been there a few times for shopping by underground, got some nice shops there.

Yeh i got a letter, i picked japanese as a basic option, looking forward to it hehe i am not sure how this will fit into the timetable, probs be an evening session maybe? *shrugs*

Oh i read that you studied at UCL before but you quit. What happened there? Isn't UCL like a top uni?

Damn, everyones in james watson

Hey lemonlime,

How hard is it changing your accomodation? I been to the room i am staying in, i am on the ground floor, right next to the kitchen floor and have a view of stinging nettles in front of my window... kinda sucks, the room will be pretty damn dark.
    Yeah it is a top uni, but a top uni comes with many bad points- Rich spoilt kids, people up their own arse, 2 many geeks (seriously). Plus being in the cenre of London brought many other bad points: extortionate prices for going out, decrepid accommodation, commuting hell etc...blimey I'm so glad I'm not going back there!

Haven't got any idea about changing accommodation mate, might be worth ringing up the accommodation office to see what your options are.

ReputationRep:
    How random!
    I'm famed for being random!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm famed for being random!!
    Hi SciFi,

I'm bored at work.
    So..you're going to Pompey.
    Excited?
    I want these days to fly by cos I just can't be bothered 2 work.
    What floor are you in in JW?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marina183)
    Hi SciFi,

I'm bored at work.
    So..you're going to Pompey.
    Excited?
    I want these days to fly by cos I just can't be bothered 2 work.
    What floor are you in in JW?
    I am bored at work too!! lol! I am very excited about going to Pompey, I cannot believe that I will be there in 20 days!! I have waited a whole year for this!! I leave work next Friday, and I will be a week closer to going!! Yay!! I am on the 5th floor in JW, A513 to be more exact, I think!

I am bored at work too!! lol! I am very excited about going to Pompey, I cannot believe that I will be there in 20 days!! I have waited a whole year for this!! I leave work next Friday, and I will be a week closer to going!! Yay!! I am on the 5th floor in JW, A513 to be more exact, I think!
    Oo we can now send post to simon, and prank call his room

ReputationRep:
    Oo we can now send post to simon, and prank call his room
    You could anyway there is a list of everyone in JW's room no's a 20 pages back!

ReputationRep:
    Wo...you are excited!
    I'm in the same block on Floor 9...I think.
    What do the 3 numbers stand for again? Is it floor, flat, room number?

When are you going down?
    I'll be there on the Sun...only day my parents can take me.
    Gutted cos I wanted to get there earlier.

Lucky you...I've just gotten back from travelling in Thailand and now have to work for 3 gruelling weeks in London.
    Oh well...Pompey here I come!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marina183)
    Wo...you are excited!
    I'm in the same block on Floor 9...I think.
    What do the 3 numbers stand for again? Is it floor, flat, room number?

When are you going down?
    I'll be there on the Sun...only day my parents can take me.
    Gutted cos I wanted to get there earlier.

Lucky you...I've just gotten back from travelling in Thailand and now have to work for 3 gruelling weeks in London.
    Oh well...Pompey here I come!
    Yeah it is floor, flat, room.

I am going down on friday the 1st it looks like.

I have been working since last August, so not really lucky!! lol!!

I am going down to check pompey out on the 23rd.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is floor, flat, room.

I am going down on friday the 1st it looks like.

I have been working since last August, so not really lucky!! lol!!

I am going down to check pompey out on the 23rd.
    Have you not previously been down to check it out?
    Also, I don't suppose you happen to know what the nearest supermarket is to JW hlls and how long it might take to get there?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.