Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Portsmouth University watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marina183)
    Have you not previously been down to check it out?
    Also, I don't suppose you happen to know what the nearest supermarket is to JW hlls and how long it might take to get there?
    I haven't been down yet!! lol!

LemonLime or Rednirt should be able to answer that question. It wouldnt be more than a 15 minute walk I dont think!! lol!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    I haven't been down yet!! lol!

LemonLime or Rednirt should be able to answer that question. It wouldnt be more than a 15 minute walk I dont think!! lol!!
    Blimey...yo're leaving that a bit late!
    Mind you, there's nothing not to like.
    Especially if like me you're from London where everything is overpriced and overrated!

Whereabouts are you from?

ReputationRep:
    Blimey...yo're leaving that a bit late!
    Mind you, there's nothing not to like.
    Especially if like me you're from London where everything is overpriced and overrated!

Whereabouts are you from?
    Between Guildford and Redhill. Not too far from either London or Portsmouth Takes me about an hour to get to London and an hour and a half to get to Pompey!

ReputationRep:
    Between Guildford and Redhill. Not too far from either London or Portsmouth Takes me about an hour to get to London and an hour and a half to get to Pompey!
    So are you a little bit out in the sticks?!

Oh and have you bought that Freshers Party Pass? Am tempted to get it but then think it may be better off just paying on the door.

What events are you def gonna go to?

ReputationRep:
    So are you a little bit out in the sticks?!

Oh and have you bought that Freshers Party Pass? Am tempted to get it but then think it may be better off just paying on the door.

What events are you def gonna go to?
    I do live in the sticks!! lol! I spend alot of time in london though as my best mate lives in Clapham.

I dunno what events I will go to but i have asked for the party pass as it gives hassle free access to all the events!

ReputationRep:
    I do live in the sticks!! lol! I spend alot of time in london though as my best mate lives in Clapham.

I dunno what events I will go to but i have asked for the party pass as it gives hassle free access to all the events!
    party pass? how do you apply for one of those?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is a top uni, but a top uni comes with many bad points- Rich spoilt kids, people up their own arse, 2 many geeks (seriously). Plus being in the cenre of London brought many other bad points: extortionate prices for going out, decrepid accommodation, commuting hell etc...blimey I'm so glad I'm not going back there!

Haven't got any idea about changing accommodation mate, might be worth ringing up the accommodation office to see what your options are.
    Ah yes thats true, considering London is a tourist attaction place, things will be hella expensive, also london isnt the most cleanest place to be... especially central london, arghhhh can smell piss on the roads gross gross gross! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syxxthmunky)
    party pass? how do you apply for one of those?
    here

made a pretty attatchement telling you where all the supermarkets were but its too big. If u want it pm me ur email addy and ill send it too you.
    Nearest supermarket is probs tesco in town or Asda off fratton road.

ReputationRep:
    (Not to do with the university but...)

Anybody going to Fratton Park tomorrow? Should be another 3 points.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i just found this site, is there anyone going to Portsmouth Uni this october, and are you staying in the James Watson Hall?

(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    (Not to do with the university but...)

Anybody going to Fratton Park tomorrow? Should be another 3 points.
    lol by bf wants too but he's working! should be good seeing as CP are bottom!

ReputationRep:
    here
    Sweet, thanks for the link, unfortunately the deadline for the firms was today, darn!

send you PM LemonLime

(Original post by Christophison)
    Hey, i just found this site, is there anyone going to Portsmouth Uni this october, and are you staying in the James Watson Hall?
    Heya welcome to the clan! All the people in my sig are going (and a few more i expect!). I think most ppl will be in James Watson

Where you from and what u gunna be studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonLime)
    lol by bf wants too but he's working! should be good seeing as CP are bottom!
    Yes ... I have a season ticket so I'm looking for a job which doesn't require me to work weekends (doh .. most jobs do!).

Iain Dowie's a good manager and I don't wanna relax. I can't relax anyway. I'm the most nervous person in the staium all the time. Even when we were 3-0 up against Fulham I was worried!

Anyway I'm gonna record it on tv, as every time I have recorded a pompey game on sky they have not lost

ReputationRep:
    I am honored to be accepted in to the clan, i will be studdying Entertainment Tech...come form a wee town called Newbury, in Berkshire. Do u know anyone whose in James Watson?

(Original post by Syxxthmunky)
    Sweet, thanks for the link, unfortunately the deadline for the firms was today, darn!

send you PM LemonLime
    There ya go, sent, if its all buggered up or you cant understand it email me back and ill sort it

(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Yes ... I have a season ticket so I'm looking for a job which doesn't require me to work weekends (doh .. most jobs do!).

Iain Dowie's a good manager and I don't wanna relax. I can't relax anyway. I'm the most nervous person in the staium all the time. Even when we were 3-0 up against Fulham I was worried!

Anyway I'm gonna record it on tv, as every time I have recorded a pompey game on sky they have not lost
    lol i think my bf is a little like that! He is getting off work 15 mins early to get to the pub just in time for kick off!

I think nearly all the people in my sig are apart from rednirt and Syxxthmunky and LILY (maybe!) i think. Dont quote me tho!

Can everyone PM me where they are gunna be living and what course they are doing so i can make a nice list for people to see?
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm Tamara also going to Portsmouth uni to study hospitality management with tourism, staying in james watson

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.