Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    Ok. Deviating from the topic in hand but does any1 know whats happening about a Freshers Week? I cant find anything on the Portsmouth website or the Unions wesite. Is there one? Cos the Halls open on the 2nd and apparently the 1st semester starts on the 4th or does that include a freshers week?

Please forgive my ignorance!! lol!
    i assume so! i dont think theyde make us find our own accommodation for freshers...be a bit pointless!

maybe it starts on the 4th and they just include it as part of the term!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjames40)
    i assume so! i dont think theyde make us find our own accommodation for freshers...be a bit pointless!

maybe it starts on the 4th and they just include it as part of the term!?
    Thats what i was thinking. Good good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they wouldn't make us go to lectures and work during Fresher's Fortnight! I think it is just incorporated into the term, as has already been said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pradster)
    I'm sure they wouldn't make us go to lectures and work during Fresher's Fortnight! I think it is just incorporated into the term, as has already been said
    yeah, i saw it was a fortnight on the website... im not complainin

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i saw it was a fortnight on the website... im not complainin
    fortnight? YEEEEEHAAAAAH!! I am so gonna have no liver or kidneys by then!!

ReputationRep:
    dunno if any of you have seen it but -

http://www.upsu.net/event.asp?event=448

gives us 3 weeks to find a tidy outfit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    dunno if any of you have seen it but -

http://www.upsu.net/event.asp?event=448

gives us 3 weeks to find a tidy outfit!

mmm. I think the upsu site is down. I keep getting 504 errors. (No response from server).

Is this what i think it is and the freshers ball?

ReputationRep:
    mmm. I think the upsu site is down. I keep getting 504 errors. (No response from server).

Is this what i think it is and the freshers ball?
    The site is down, but it was about the Fresher's Ball I think. I really don't do formal occasions very often, so I guess I'm going to have to don a suit for once :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The site is down, but it was about the Fresher's Ball I think. I really don't do formal occasions very often, so I guess I'm going to have to don a suit for once :rolleyes:
    mmm. I am slightly worried about it. Apparently i look good in a dj but i think she was slightly biased. What a blow to confidence if she was biased! Arrrgh!

ReputationRep:
    will we have to wear formal gear??! hmm thats gonna be tricky!

on the topic of accomodation Im James Watson D-7-17-6, I'm so behind with the news lol!

Cant wait til freshers week/s just wish we knew more about it!!

ReputationRep:
    It's now Tuesday the 3rd of August, and I still haven't heard anything from Portsmouth about my accommodation. I think I'll need to give them a call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    It's now Tuesday the 3rd of August, and I still haven't heard anything from Portsmouth about my accommodation. I think I'll need to give them a call.
    Definately - call them up and they'll let you know which hall you're in and possibly delay your due payment date if your letter doesn't turn up

ReputationRep:
    i dont like to say this, but they said that if you dont hear anything then it means that you havent been offered a place in accomodation...

that could be the case, or they could just be a bit delayed in sending out all the letters!!

my fingers are crossed that you get a place!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    i dont like to say this, but they said that if you dont hear anything then it means that you havent been offered a place in accomodation...

that could be the case, or they could just be a bit delayed in sending out all the letters!!

my fingers are crossed that you get a place!!!!!

Hmmm.. I'll ring them when I get home. I don't see why I shouldn't have been offered a place because I put them as my firm and I sent the accommodation form out which they got before 1st June because they sent a reply slip. ARGHHHH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    Hmmm.. I'll ring them when I get home. I don't see why I shouldn't have been offered a place because I put them as my firm and I sent the accommodation form out which they got before 1st June because they sent a reply slip. ARGHHHH!
    Then you should be guarenteed a place - it's probably just Royal Mail screwing up again...

ReputationRep:
    Then you should be guarenteed a place - it's probably just Royal Mail screwing up again...
    I hope so. The more friendly faces there the better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah W)
    will we have to wear formal gear??! hmm thats gonna be tricky!

on the topic of accomodation Im James Watson D-7-17-6, I'm so behind with the news lol!

Cant wait til freshers week/s just wish we knew more about it!!

I wouldnt worry bout that, give it a couple of weeks and we'll get all we need to know plus tonnes of crap and special offers through the post! but yeah, i really wanna know when it is too!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt worry bout that, give it a couple of weeks and we'll get all we need to know plus tonnes of crap and special offers through the post! but yeah, i really wanna know when it is too!
    Its the 25th of October i think. That comes from memory but its definately at the end of October!

ReputationRep:
    Its the 25th of October i think. That comes from memory but its definately at the end of October!
    you wudda thought they'd put it at the beggining of the term!! not 3 weeks in... wierd!

ReputationRep:
    Close - it's on Saturday 23rd October

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.