x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pradster)
    Close - it's on Saturday 23rd October
    Hehehe, not bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pradster)
    Close - it's on Saturday 23rd October
    are you on about the freshers ball?? thats what it says in the link i posted - which still works for me cause i am better than all of you!!

Good to see people coming to portsmouth uni, ull love it! Gunna be starting the second year in october.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah W)
    will we have to wear formal gear??!
    formal for portsmouth means a shirt at the least/most - or t shirt with tux print on it lol.

ladies, a word of advice, don't wear old college/high school prom dresses as they'll just get ruined, and you will probably be overdressing.

ReputationRep:
    ok, my last years prom dress wasnt your normal prom dress - it was just one of those fifties skirts and a pretty cardi - will that be alright?? it'd be nice to wear it again!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    ok, my last years prom dress wasnt your normal prom dress - it was just one of those fifties skirts and a pretty cardi - will that be alright?? it'd be nice to wear it again!!
    yeah, thats cool... its just when the girls wear the big poofy dresses or anything from monsoon that looks a bit silly. Most girls just go in little black dresses from topshop or whatever.

lol very true! one of my mates went totally overboard with limo and everything, she was dead upset!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonLime)
    lol very true! one of my mates went totally overboard with limo and everything, she was dead upset!
    aww, poor lass lol. You could tell the freshers a mile off last year - and i was one of them. It was the really young ones who took it so seriously... I turned up in a black dress from Dotty Perks that about 50 other girls had.

i didnt go to any of the formals, went to too many in school! but i did see loads of people in my halls with the same dress, just in different colours.

ReputationRep:
    i didnt go to any of the formals, went to too many in school! but i did see loads of people in my halls with the same dress, just in different colours.
    i went to the xmas one and that was it... my friends went to the AU ball at summer, and it sounded like fun with all the funfair rides and stuff... but it was overrun with sporty people, so the company wouldn't have been to my liking.

on the whole those socials are hyped and far too overpriced.

lol didnt even know there was an AU summer ball... must have passed me by. :rolleyes: But Blue at the Grad ball... does it get any better??!!

ReputationRep:
    lol didnt even know there was an AU summer ball... must have passed me by. :rolleyes: But Blue at the Grad ball... does it get any better??!!
    no wonder they've taken a year out from the pop scene - it obviously couldn't compare to the wonders of the Pompey graduate ball...

ahh crap id forgotten about the end of year ball, the house we're staying in next year was being rented extra late for the occasion and a mate who lives there says he was gonna leave us a nasty surprise after the ball - probably a turd in a shoe box lol :rolleyes:

how nice of them!! One year Zippy and George came to pompey... one of the reasons i choose it i kid you not.

But Portsmouth is not exactly the LSE, now is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    But Portsmouth is not exactly the LSE, now is it?
    prasie the lord its not :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    how nice of them!! One year Zippy and George came to pompey... one of the reasons i choose it i kid you not.
    wow - to be honest, i chose it solely on shopping capabilities lol. and I only applied to 5 unis cos I couldn't see why I should waste UCAS's time by applying to ones i wasn't gonna go to... i chose the other 4 at random.

I choose 3 unis, and 3 courses at pompey. shopping swayed me as well... and the sea.. and my bf living here lol

ReputationRep:
    I choose 3 unis, and 3 courses at pompey. shopping swayed me as well... and the sea.. and my bf living here lol
    i chose 4 unis and 2 courses at portsmouth

i dont know what attracted me to portsmouth - just it was the only prospectus i read that really 'did something for me'

i dont know what attracted me to portsmouth - just it was the only prospectus i read that really 'did something for me'
    What ya gunna be studying?

ReputationRep:

was the one you got all dotty?! I really liked that one *sad* our flat was gonna be in next years one, but our cooker died see here, and be slighlty worried and so we had a few microwave combi ovens dotted around the place so they wouldn't take pictures

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.