Turn on thread page Beta

Portsmouth University watch

Announcements

lol rednirt did you hear about the fire at langstone? we had combi ovens/grill thing till the end of term...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonLime)
    lol rednirt did you hear about the fire at langstone? we had combi ovens/grill thing till the end of term...
    OMG, with the theme cowboy party and 7 bales of hay?! We were laughing our asses off for days! We knew a girl who lived about it all and she was stuck with a load of boys she hated for ages because of all the fire damage.

What I wanna know is how did they smuggle hay bales into the building?

ReputationRep:
    no, my one was plain purple and covered in pebbles

i'll be doing accounting hopefully - do you two know anyone who does the course, and what they think of it??

not quite as funny for us lol. bloody farmers and fairy party... hay!? HAY!??!

sorry calmed down now I think one of them lived on a farm or something and brought it back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    i chose 4 unis and 2 courses at portsmouth

i dont know what attracted me to portsmouth - just it was the only prospectus i read that really 'did something for me'
    Same here! Initially I had no interest in going to Pompey other than as a back up in case I screwed up my A Levels. Then I read through the Prospectus and I liked it (in comparison to the crap that the Redbricks produce). The Open Day at Pompey was far better than any I went to at the other universities and although the Sunday Newspapers may have ranked my other choices above Portsmouth, I knew this was the place for me

Go Pompey

Is freshers starting on the 4th? I know i have to register then just wondered when it will get packed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonLime)
    Is freshers starting on the 4th? I know i have to register then just wondered when it will get packed
    I think Fresher's Fortnight starts on the 4th but we can move down on the 2nd of October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pradster)
    Same here! Initially I had no interest in going to Pompey other than as a back up in case I screwed up my A Levels. Then I read through the Prospectus and I liked it (in comparison to the crap that the Redbricks produce). The Open Day at Pompey was far better than any I went to at the other universities and although the Sunday Newspapers may have ranked my other choices above Portsmouth, I knew this was the place for me

Go Pompey
    Hehehe! I only went to one open day, I only applied to one uni and low and behold as per usual i land on my feet and whay, I got in! lol! To be honest i think it was the prospectus that interested me, it was certainly the most interesting one i got, i think i have thing for pretty colours!!

ReputationRep:
    I got reciepts back from portsmouth showing that they have billed my credit card to the tune of £200 for the deposit, but nothing has left the card! The reciepts were dated the 3rd. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    I got reciepts back from portsmouth showing that they have billed my credit card to the tune of £200 for the deposit, but nothing has left the card! The reciepts were dated the 3rd. :confused:
    Give it a couple more days, the bank might be a bit slow. If not, then maybe you've got discounted accomodation

ReputationRep:
    I rang Portsmouth and they said to give it till Friday and if I haven't got it by then to ring them back, they didn't tell me what halls I was in though. I still haven't got the letter.

However, I did get an email today telling me what hall I was in. My first choice was Trust Block but it turns out I'm in James Watson with all of you lot! Don't know what block etc I'm in though.

ReputationRep:
    oh, i'm glad you have got a place!!!

and just so you know, block A is the place to be!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    I rang Portsmouth and they said to give it till Friday and if I haven't got it by then to ring them back, they didn't tell me what halls I was in though. I still haven't got the letter.

However, I did get an email today telling me what hall I was in. My first choice was Trust Block but it turns out I'm in James Watson with all of you lot! Don't know what block etc I'm in though.
    thats good! at least they not completly forgotton you!!
    Welcome to James Watson Halls!

how weird... i didnt know a single person who stayed at james watson yet it seems like all you are there... odd... :confused:
    unless im being really dumb and its new

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)

Yay! Glad you got in!!

I agree with Sparkler, block A does seem to be the place to be!! lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    Yay! Glad you got in!!

I agree with Sparkler, block A does seem to be the place to be!! lol!
    as long as you understand that it's only because i am gonna be there!

ReputationRep:
    as long as you understand that it's only because i am gonna be there!

Of course, I would never think otherwise!! lol!

ReputationRep:
    i dont know what attracted me to portsmouth - just it was the only prospectus i read that really 'did something for me'
    Probably proximity to the great city of Southampton but with lower entry grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Probably proximity to the great city of Southampton but with lower entry grades!
    shut your face..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Wow. That's the first and most definately the last time I'll ever see "great" and "Southampton" in the same sentence ever again. Peter Crouch... what a joke...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.