Really hope i get the grades to go there

i put it as 2nd choice but i wanna go here now

was well impressed when i visited and the town is quality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    Really hope i get the grades to go there

i put it as 2nd choice but i wanna go here now

was well impressed when i visited and the town is quality
    Now that's a situation! Can you opt out of your first choice? I wouldn't have thought you could - apparently when you firmly accept a conditional place with your first choice, you're obliged to take up the place. But I'm not sure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pradster)
    Now that's a situation! Can you opt out of your first choice? I wouldn't have thought you could - apparently when you firmly accept a conditional place with your first choice, you're obliged to take up the place. But I'm not sure...
    yeah its a bit gay, but there is now way i'll get the grades for my 1st choice anyway

ReputationRep:
    yeah its a bit gay, but there is now way i'll get the grades for my 1st choice anyway
    What is your first choice? And will you make the grade entry for Pompey?

ReputationRep:
    Wow. That's the first and most definately the last time I'll ever see "great" and "Southampton" in the same sentence ever again. Peter Crouch... what a joke...
    teehee.

Its funny because its true.

ReputationRep:
    What is your first choice? And will you make the grade entry for Pompey?
    1st choice is Nottm Trent

and Portsmouth is achievable, but i'll have to be lucky....

ReputationRep:
    1st choice is Nottm Trent

and Portsmouth is achievable, but i'll have to be lucky....
    What you gonna study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjames40)
    What you gonna study?
    well i put English down, i definitley want to do an english/media related course

ReputationRep:
    So does anyone know when we'll get this pack which tells us about all the details for moving down and what happens when we get there?

last year i got mine about 3 weeks before the start i think, got a free diary and info about what to do when moving into halls etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonLime)
    last year i got mine about 3 weeks before the start i think, got a free diary and info about what to do when moving into halls etc
    Hehehehe! All good things come to those who wait!! Speaking of which I just got a letter from Student Loans telling me how much money I get this year! Whooo! I have never seen that much money!!

lol the loan letter, i remember that. Also be prepared to wait a bit when you register, took me about an hour and a half to even get in the damn building!

ReputationRep:
    lol the loan letter, i remember that. Also be prepared to wait a bit when you register, took me about an hour and a half to even get in the damn building!
    I cant drive and use public transport, I am used to waiting for an hour and a half! lol!

lol same as me actually, having lived in the middle of no where! I think it dragged cos im painfully shy so i only talked to one person in the line the whole time. but they did come and give us sweets at one point!

ReputationRep:
    lol same as me actually, having lived in the middle of no where! I think it dragged cos im painfully shy so i only talked to one person in the line the whole time. but they did come and give us sweets at one point!
    I'm usually quite shy as well, to rectify this I am going to make my anti shyness elixier. If anyone wants to make it, it is as follows: I reccomend only DEDICATED alcoholics mix it though.

One smallish drinks bottle half filled with Orange Squash (coke goes flat) and the other half filled with smirnoff red label vodka!!

Alternatively you can make it as follows, one can of Red Bull and a double shot of Vodka and a double shot of Tequila. Just don't drink it all in one go as it will get you legless surprisingly quickly due to the effects of the red bull speeding up your bodies absorbtion rate!!

Its a guarenteed cure for shyness!!

ReputationRep:
    I, too, got a letter telling me how much I got for my loan, no accomodation letter yet though still!

ReputationRep:
    it'll probably get to you tomorrow - at least you know you've got a place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    it'll probably get to you tomorrow - at least you know you've got a place!

Yeah! True True.. eeeeek dreading results day.

ReputationRep:
    Hey peeps do you think we would get any success in asking for a portsmouth subforum?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.