Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
Really hope i get the grades to go there

i put it as 2nd choice but i wanna go here now

was well impressed when i visited and the town is quality
Now that's a situation! Can you opt out of your first choice? I wouldn't have thought you could - apparently when you firmly accept a conditional place with your first choice, you're obliged to take up the place. But I'm not sure...
serious narb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by pradster)
Now that's a situation! Can you opt out of your first choice? I wouldn't have thought you could - apparently when you firmly accept a conditional place with your first choice, you're obliged to take up the place. But I'm not sure...
yeah its a bit gay, but there is now way i'll get the grades for my 1st choice anyway
Praddles
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah its a bit gay, but there is now way i'll get the grades for my 1st choice anyway
What is your first choice? And will you make the grade entry for Pompey?
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wow. That's the first and most definately the last time I'll ever see "great" and "Southampton" in the same sentence ever again. Peter Crouch... what a joke...
teehee.

Its funny because its true.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What is your first choice? And will you make the grade entry for Pompey?
1st choice is Nottm Trent

and Portsmouth is achievable, but i'll have to be lucky....
cjames40
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
1st choice is Nottm Trent

and Portsmouth is achievable, but i'll have to be lucky....
What you gonna study?
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cjames40)
What you gonna study?
well i put English down, i definitley want to do an english/media related course
Praddles
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So does anyone know when we'll get this pack which tells us about all the details for moving down and what happens when we get there?
Carreh
Report 15 years ago
last year i got mine about 3 weeks before the start i think, got a free diary and info about what to do when moving into halls etc
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by LemonLime)
last year i got mine about 3 weeks before the start i think, got a free diary and info about what to do when moving into halls etc
Hehehehe! All good things come to those who wait!! Speaking of which I just got a letter from Student Loans telling me how much money I get this year! Whooo! I have never seen that much money!!
Carreh
Report 15 years ago
lol the loan letter, i remember that. Also be prepared to wait a bit when you register, took me about an hour and a half to even get in the damn building!
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol the loan letter, i remember that. Also be prepared to wait a bit when you register, took me about an hour and a half to even get in the damn building!
I cant drive and use public transport, I am used to waiting for an hour and a half! lol!
Carreh
Report 15 years ago
lol same as me actually, having lived in the middle of no where! I think it dragged cos im painfully shy so i only talked to one person in the line the whole time. but they did come and give us sweets at one point!
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol same as me actually, having lived in the middle of no where! I think it dragged cos im painfully shy so i only talked to one person in the line the whole time. but they did come and give us sweets at one point!
I'm usually quite shy as well, to rectify this I am going to make my anti shyness elixier. If anyone wants to make it, it is as follows: I reccomend only DEDICATED alcoholics mix it though.

One smallish drinks bottle half filled with Orange Squash (coke goes flat) and the other half filled with smirnoff red label vodka!!

Alternatively you can make it as follows, one can of Red Bull and a double shot of Vodka and a double shot of Tequila. Just don't drink it all in one go as it will get you legless surprisingly quickly due to the effects of the red bull speeding up your bodies absorbtion rate!!

Its a guarenteed cure for shyness!!
kirbz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I, too, got a letter telling me how much I got for my loan, no accomodation letter yet though still!
sparkler
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
it'll probably get to you tomorrow - at least you know you've got a place!

kirbz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sparkler)
it'll probably get to you tomorrow - at least you know you've got a place!

Yeah! True True.. eeeeek dreading results day.
kirbz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hey peeps do you think we would get any success in asking for a portsmouth subforum?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (53)
43.8%
Take exams next summer (23)
19.01%
Change uni choice through clearing (29)
23.97%
Apply to uni next year instead (13)
10.74%
I'm not applying to university (3)
2.48%

Watched Threads