Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Turn GCSE's around with CGP guides watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys im new here but im hoping you can help me! Im 14 yrs old and in yr 10 at a grammar school (uk). I don't understand anything the teachers say ( this isnt helped by some learning difficulties) and i am generally struggling with school atm. I come from a clever family thougj but i havent the genes lol. Anyway i dont remember anything from yr 7,8,9 or the beggining of yr 10! Im on course for d's although officially predicted A's from cat tests. I really want to turn this around though and suprise everyone. For the sciences i have bought the cgp complete revision and practise for my exam board and each individual science. If i learn everythjnf from these books and work really hard on just them could i get an A/A* in my GCSE. Is it possible? Thanks for any replies 😜😛😜😛😜😛

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheeseburger14)
    Hi guys im new here but im hoping you can help me! Im 14 yrs old and in yr 10 at a grammar school (uk). I don't understand anything the teachers say ( this isnt helped by some learning difficulties) and i am generally struggling with school atm. I come from a clever family thougj but i havent the genes lol. Anyway i dont remember anything from yr 7,8,9 or the beggining of yr 10! Im on course for d's although officially predicted A's from cat tests. I really want to turn this around though and suprise everyone. For the sciences i have bought the cgp complete revision and practise for my exam board and each individual science. If i learn everythjnf from these books and work really hard on just them could i get an A/A* in my GCSE. Is it possible? Thanks for any replies 😜😛😜😛😜😛
    from only the CGP books... i wouldn't think that you can achieve A/A* grades
    you may have to do more research ( higher level things that are maybe not in the book)
    Plus you need to do past paper to practice, how you could answer a question

ReputationRep:
    You can! My friends used only the CGP revision and practice books all got A/A* in biology. Me being the lazy idiot I am only used the guide( shortened version) and got a B

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks I'm going to try

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I think I'll start out with these and then I'll do what you said ( look for some more info)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheeseburger14)
    My mum always gave me and my brother and sisters the CGP books for each of our years in secondary school and I'm certain they helped us all. For our GCSE's and A 'levels she has always encouraged us to read the specification for each of our subjects and use past papers. Although my mums job means she absolutely knows what she's talking about being that she's my mum it took I while for me to GET IT! My teachers repeat what my mum has been saying to me So yes CGP books would be great for you. Not sure what Science your doing but www.my-gcsescience.com has to be worth a visit. Its brilliant and really helped me and hundreds of other students. another good website is www.revisegcsehistoryco.uk mathwatch is free with my school I would think a lot of us who are aiming to get the higher grades do put a bit of effort into finding good resources to aid study outside schoolGood luck

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.