Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A form of self-motivation, a daily diary!!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a year 12 student at sixth form currently studying Maths (OCR), Computer Science (OCR), Government & Politics (Edexcel) and EPQ (AQA) [not a typical subject combination, I know, but at least its somewhat facilitating].
    My GCSEs weren't exactly anything to boast about and what's bugged me ever since is that if I'd put in a bit more effort I would of probably achieved much better than I actually did.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My GCSE grades were AABBBBBBBCCC, which isn't bad but isn't amazing either...
    So after years of being told "If you just put the effort in" from both my parents and my teachers, I've decided its finally time I start performing to the best of my ability and actually get the top grades I know I can achieve.
    I came across this - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3859387 , and have decided to effectively take the idea and try it out for myself. I'll record what work I do every day and set myself goals and aims for the future.

My January Mock Exam Grades were:
    Computer Science - C (Fortunately this subject has gone linear so I don't have to worry about any actual exams in this upcoming May/June)
    Government & Politics (Unit 1) - E (Turns out I have time management issues and I wasn't able to finish either of the 25 mark questions which collectively make 62.5% of the entire grade, but on the bright side I did well on the 5 & 10 mark questions and both teachers commented that "I'd made an excellent start to the 25 mark question but it'd help if I'd finished it")
    Government & Politics (Unit 1) Retake - Unknown (My teacher hasn't told me yet... )
    Maths (C1) - D (I made so many silly mistakes but I can work on it and should be able to improve it without too much hassle)
    Maths (S1) - U (I need to work on my statistics...)
    Maths (S1) Retake - D (Well its better than a U...)
    History (USA Depression) - C (I couldn't stand History any longer (it was so depressing *pun intended*) so I dropped it making it more ironic that it was the subject that I did the best in...:unimpressed:)

So yeah there's certainly room for improvement but with some motivation and a fresh me hopefully I can get A's across the board and maybe even see some *s on the results sheet come August next year.

So what's the purpose of this blog:
    - For me to outline every piece of work I've done every day for all my subjects so that if procrastinated all day I can feel bad about it.
    - For me to plan what I need to do in the future.
    - For me to talk about class assessments and exams and to cry to all of you when I think I've completely failed.
    - To entertain and possibly help any of you who may end up reading this.

So here goes, my diary of sorts begins on the 18/02/16, exactly three months away from my first ever A level exam. :3

P.S: I've never posted or commented on anything on TSR before so I've spent more time learning how to format this than actually writing it. :laugh:

P.S.S: I've also started learning Japanese because why not...*gulp*

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, hope everything goes well for you!

ReputationRep:
    Thursday 18/02/16
    Well its past 11pm and I don't see myself doing anything productive for the rest of tonight so I'll make this my first entry. I think I've established that the reason I lack the motivation to do anything is down to the fact that I'm not aiming for anything in particular. I'm still unsure as to what course I want to study at university, some days I want to study Computer Science and others its Politics or Maths or becoming a teacher or anything really. All I know is that I want to go to university and that I want it to be a university that is considered 'good' (so basically a Russell Group one). I just need to make sure that I do the best that I possibly can to ensure that when I eventually make my mind up, I'm capable of going to the university that I want to. :yy:

Anyway *teen life crisis reflection over* today has been somewhat productive *time to test out my colour coded daily reflection format* :

Maths (C2) - Completed a homework exam questions worksheet on sequences that I 'forgot' to hand-in last lesson. Kind of convenient that I didn't know how to answer the questions because we have a test on Monday on sequences [and maybe trigonometry ] and I've spent the last two days learning all I can on sequences so I had plenty of questions to practice with. Safe to say that I'm pretty confident with sequences now, all I need to do is find a way of getting the work to my maths teacher so she can mark it. Oh I also need to find out if trigonometry will be on the test on Monday.

EPQ - Added more details to my mandatory documents so my mid-project review should be ready to hand-in to my supervisor. Also collected all the links for my sources and adjusted my source table, so I now have 30+ sources which are ready for analysis!!! :erm:

Otherwise I watched some highlights of the latest US Republican debate (that counts as Politics revision right...even though it has nothing to do with what I'm learning about in Year 12...) and I continued with the Memrise introductory course to Japanese. I've moved pass the romaji phrases (like "Thank you" and "Where is...?") and have moved onto the hiragana section. Suffice to say I'm enjoying learning all the characters and look forward to learning katakana and then kanji.

My to do list for the rest of Half-Term:
    Maths (C2) - Get the sequences exam questions to my teacher before Monday and prepare for a potential trigonometry test.
    Maths (S1) - Finish homework questions on expectation and variance of binomial and geometric distributions.
    Politics - Read ahead for Topic 2.2- Parliament and refresh memory on Topic 2.1- UK Constitution.
    Computer Science - Supposedly we have a test on everything we've learnt from Topic 1.4- Data types, Data structure and Algorithms so I should make revision cards on binary/hexadecimal calculations and all of the algorithms we learnt.
    EPQ - At least reach 4000 words on my essay project and make an attempt at analysing some of the 30+ sources :cry:. Also I should look for some more pedagogical resources to add "credibility" to my essay.

:woo: That was longer than expected, for those who've read this far I hope you had a nice day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbella~)
    Good luck, hope everything goes well for you!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Friday 19/02/16
    Today has been one of those days where I've literally done one thing and its taken me all day to do it, so from here on I'll be referring to this day as 'Trig Day' because all I did was trigonometry...lots and lots of...trigonometry :yawn:. I intended to do work tonight but my 5 year old sister insisted that she spent time with me so I spent over an hour which could of been spent making notes on boolean calculations, watching videos of people doing parkour and gymnastics. This is made worse by the fact that when she left, instead of me doing something productive, I essentially spent an hour doing nothing and then for some reason decided to watch a 15min documentary on Japanese vending machines...:^_^:
    Anyway...

Maths (C2) - I did a lot of trigonometry practice in case it turns out that trig is on my test next Monday. I learnt about the quadrant rule (which makes my life a lot easier) and how to find angle Ɵ using it. I still need to go over trigonometric identities and solving trigonometric equations but otherwise I should be ok for the test.
    I also made a grade sheet to track my past paper results for C1 & C2 which should be handy later on.

Politics - I read the first few pages of the textbook on for Topic 2.2- Parliament which entailed the history of Parliament and concept of a Parliamentary and a Presidential government.

Otherwise the Memrise Japanese course is going smoothly, think I'll start practising writing hiragana with a textbook I purchased ages ago to cement the characters in my brain. Guess I should do some EPQ tomorrow :cry2:.

Maths (C2) - Get the sequences exam questions to my teacher before Monday and finish preparing for a potential trigonometry test.
    Maths (S1) - Finish homework questions on expectation and variance of binomial and geometric distributions.
    Politics - Refresh memory on Topic 2.1- UK Constitution.
    Computer Science - Supposedly we have a test on everything we've learnt from Topic 1.4- Data types, Data structure and Algorithms so I should make revision cards on binary/hexadecimal calculations and all of the algorithms we learnt.
    EPQ - At least reach 4000 words on my essay project and make an attempt at analysing some of the 30+ sources. Also I should look for some more pedagogical resources to add "credibility" to my essay.

ReputationRep:
    Saturday 20/02/16
    In all honesty today hasn't been overly productive. Its been another day of trigonometry and obscure Japanese documentaries .

Maths (C2) - Did some more trigonometry, this time looking at trigonometric identities and how to solve trigonometric equations. Fortunately my trig revision was well timed as I found out that there'll be both sequences and trigonometry on the test on Monday. Hopefully I can do well on the test, I'm somewhat confident (I don't think I've ever been fully confident for an A level maths test...). On the topic of finding things out, I got the sequences homework I "forgot" to my teacher which means I've done everything I possibly could of for C2.

So tomorrow I have to do my S1 homework and I should do some EPQ :erm:.

Maths (S1) - Finish homework questions on expectation and variance of binomial and geometric distributions. - Will do that.
    Politics - Refresh memory on Topic 2.1- UK Constitution. - Probably won't do that.
    Computer Science - Supposedly we have a test on everything we've learnt from Topic 1.4- Data types, Data structure and Algorithms so I should make revision cards on binary/hexadecimal calculations and all of the algorithms we learnt. - Think I'll find out if we actually have a test before I do that.
    EPQ - At least reach 4000 words on my essay project and make an attempt at analysing some of the 30+ sources. Also I should look for some more pedagogical resources to add "credibility" to my essay. - Should but probably won't do that.

ReputationRep:
    Sunday 21/02/16
    I think my brain/body insisted that the last day of half term was spent doing nothing because I spent most of today on Youtube watching videos on the US primaries and caucuses, Japan and Iranian culture and now I'm super tired :yawn:. In fact most of my day today consisted of watching and researching Iran and its current state. I now want to learn farsi and go to Tehran...I'm easily influenced by the internet .

Maths (S1) - I attempted the expectation and variance homework but I got really confused and could barely answer any of the questions. Apparently though I wasn't the only one, as throughout the day I've been getting messages from my other maths friends that they either a) haven't done it or b) had gotten stuck doing it. So that's slightly reassuring...:erm:
    I understand what the μ and σ symbols mean at least.
    (C2) - I stared at my trig notes and had a discussion with a couple of friends who had no idea we had a test tomorrow.

So yeah...today I was tired and that about sums it up :yy:
    Also worked out my hopes for each of my subjects for the months of March & April for Maths (I'll do the other subjects tomorrow):
    Maths
    Spoiler:
    Show
    C1 - Start completing an OCR past exam paper each week so that my C1 knowledge doesn't begin to deteriorate.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    C2 - Continue ensuring that I fully understand all classwork and once I've completed each topic at school (which should be the last week of term), start doing a C2 paper each week. I've actually already begun teaching myself integration and the trapezium rule and I intend to teach myself logarithms before we're taught it in school as well.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    S1 - Same as C2, once we've finished being taught at school, begin completing an exam paper each week.

ReputationRep:
    Monday 22/02/16
    Warning in advance, this is gonna be a long post.

So today was a noteworthy day before it had even begun. First day back at school, big maths test etc... Well it didn't start out fantastically, I didn't get to sleep till 4am and I wake up at 7am for school so suffice to say I wasn't well rested for the first day back. Not something that's new to me though so I could cope with that.
    My school schedule effectively splits each day into two blocks, a three hour block & an hour and a half block (as follows):
    Attachment 506787506789
    So on Monday mornings I have three hours of Maths then after lunch I have an hour and a half of Politics. Can't say after three hours of sleep that I was raring to go for three hours of Maths but its not like I had much of a choice.

Maths - We found out throughout the first hour that there was a lot more on the test than any of my class had expected. We knew there would be sequences and trigonometry but upon our two hours of pre-test revision we found out that binomial expansion, radians and the sine and cosine rule would all be on the test as well. Well radians are fine as I looked over them at the start of half term, I thought binomial expansion would be fine (turns out that I forgot the 1st & last term in my calculations for the nCr method in the test ) but none of us had been taught the sine and cosine rule (at least not since GCSE). So we effectively spent the pre-test revision on both of the rules and how to apply them. Fortunately its not particularly difficult and I could answer the questions in the test.
    How did the test go?
    I think it went ok, there was a trig question that I was unsure of, a radian & trig question I couldn't do and the mistake I made with the binomial expansion but otherwise It went ok I think. I'm hoping to get at least 70% which would assure myself of my knowledge and ability in the first half of C2.
    (S1) - I have a test on distribution methods either on Thursday or next Monday which in all honesty I don't feel prepared for...

Politics - So by the time I get to my Politics lesson I was pretty tired and the first thing I get back is my Politics retake. I got a C which I'm completely ok with. Considering I didn't conclude either of my 25 mark questions and I rushed my my 10 mark questions and I only ended up 7 marks from an A, its pretty evident to me that its my time management that's causing me problems and not the content or exam technique so that's reassuring. However my teacher was delighted to reveal that for the entirety of the lesson we'd be doing a surprise impromptu exam on the UK constitution... :dots:
    So yeah that went...horribly...didn't finish any of the questions, two of which were source based exam questions that we had never done before in Politics. My hand died about half way through so my handwriting ended up being an amalgamation of what looked like English crossed with Arabic. This coupled with zero revision and the fact I was half asleep almost guarantees that I'll be retaking a UK constitution test next week. :bawling:

Since I've got home I did a bit of Japanese as per usual and just listened to music. I don't want to move much so that's all I intend to do until I fall asleep. I may have a Computer Science test tomorrow that I'll just have to hope I can do from memory.

My hopes and goals for my subjects throughout March & April (I'll put the Maths ones up again with a bit more for each of them):
    Maths
    Spoiler:
    Show
    C1 - Start completing an OCR past exam paper each week so that my C1 knowledge doesn't begin to deteriorate. Hopefully I can be hitting above 90% by the end of April.:albertein:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    C2 - Continue ensuring that I fully understand all classwork and once I've completed each topic at school (which should be the last week of term), start doing a C2 paper each week. I've actually already begun teaching myself integration and the trapezium rule and I intend to teach myself logarithms before we're taught it in school as well.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    S1 - Same as C2, once we've finished being taught at school, begin completing an exam paper each week. I've done some research and the grade boundaries to get an A in S1 (in OCR) always seem to be in the 70% range so ideally I need to be getting at least 80% by the end of April. The exam, unlike C1 & C2 is after half-term in June though, so I have a bit more time for S1.
    Politics
    Spoiler:
    Show
    To be honest, I've actually found Politics at AS to be a bit easy. Maybe its because I was engaged in Politics before I started the subject but I find the content rather straightforward and the exam technique to be pretty standard as well. I just need to get my time management down which comes with practice.
    Computer Science
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This year, for me, is all about nailing my programming and being top of my class (of which there's only 6 of us and I'm currently second, behind my friend :erm:). With only Mock exams at the end of this year my goal is to get an A, which I should be able to do with a bit of revision and some healthy competition.
    EPQ
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well by the end of April I would of finished the EPQ, so my goal is to effectively finish it.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday 23/02/16
    Tuesdays are typically quite slow and empty days at school for me and today certainly wasn't an exception.

Computer Science - Thankfully we didn't have a test today :thumbsup:, however we do have a test on Friday on everything we've learnt from Unit 1 :erm:. My first hour was spent revising and identifying areas of weakness, in which most of my weaknesses seem to involve CPU architecture & types of registers/scheduling. So I have two days to revise them as much as possible so I can perform decently in the test. We also had an introductory lesson to algorithms with my other teacher but most of my class wasn't there so we did programming for most of her lesson.

In my free period I did an OCR Jan 2007 C1 paper and got 67% which isn't anywhere near my target for the end of April but considering the fact that I haven't been taught anything for C1 since before January and I haven't done any C1 since January, that's not too bad (though I seriously need to work on inequalities and graphs in general).

Back home I didn't really do anything other than Japanese...
    Tomorrow and Thursday I need to actually do some EPQ (otherwise my supervisor will literally kill me:ahhhhh:) and revise for the CS exam test thing.

ReputationRep:
    This is a great start to your blog! I'm loving how detailed you are. You seem super organised

BTW what's your EPQ on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tank Girl)
    This is a great start to your blog! I'm loving how detailed you are. You seem super organised

BTW what's your EPQ on?
    Thank you!

My EPQ is a comparison between the education systems of the UK and Finland. So its essentially a really long essay and presentation on why Finland is more successful than us in regards to education and how we could change that.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday 24/02/16
    I feel like I've done a lot today yet in hindsight I haven't done that much...perhaps its down to the fact that I actually did a bit of EPQ today and and that gives me a sense of accomplishment...:yep:

Politics - Today was a little different in Politics. The first hour was spent learning about the executive and the conventions of individual and collective responsibility. But for the remaining two hours, my class turned into cabinet and we effectively did cabinet role play for the rest of the lesson. I was the minister of International Development which is an ok role, it was that or the Environment minister and I've already built up a reputation in my Politics class that I'm some sort of green hippie because I support the Green Party so I'll do what I can to avoid this while still keeping to my morals and beliefs.

Then during lunch I got caught up in a game of 'Secret Hitler' which is essentially a card game about preventing Hitler from becoming Chancellor of Germany. It was fun, I recommend .
    As for my Year 9 Computer Science class, I spent most of it on the computer getting notes on Assembly Language & Machine Code. One of the benefits of 'supporting' a first-year GCSE class is that they go over a lot of topics that are covered in A Level but in simpler terms and in turn it builds a foundation of knowledge for me. So conveniently the class was learning about the different types of software ('off the shelf', 'custom written', 'open' 'source' & 'proprietary') which I had completely forgotten about, so my Year 9 GCSE class may have just helped me not lose tonnes of marks on my test on Friday.

I got home and continued my Japanese. I'm thinking of taking one-to-one speaking lessons with a native speaker to help me become more conversational with the language. I've also begun making an effort to try and retain my Spanish from GCSE...es muy esfuerzo.
    I did a few hundred words for the EPQ (finally), I still need to do another thousand'ish tomorrow...

So tomorrow:
    - Will do Computer Science revision tomorrow in free period.
    - Will get C2 Maths test back tomorrow.
    - Will do more EPQ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GothicPanda)
    Hi, I'm a year 12 student at sixth form currently studying Maths (OCR), Computer Science (OCR), Government & Politics (Edexcel) and EPQ (AQA) [not a typical subject combination, I know, but at least its somewhat facilitating].
    My GCSEs weren't exactly anything to boast about and what's bugged me ever since is that if I'd put in a bit more effort I would of probably achieved much better than I actually did.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My GCSE grades were AABBBBBBBCCC, which isn't bad but isn't amazing either...
    So after years of being told "If you just put the effort in" from both my parents and my teachers, I've decided its finally time I start performing to the best of my ability and actually get the top grades I know I can achieve.
    I came across this - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3859387 , and have decided to effectively take the idea and try it out for myself. I'll record what work I do every day and set myself goals and aims for the future.

My January Mock Exam Grades were:
    Computer Science - C (Fortunately this subject has gone linear so I don't have to worry about any actual exams in this upcoming May/June)
    Government & Politics (Unit 1) - E (Turns out I have time management issues and I wasn't able to finish either of the 25 mark questions which collectively make 62.5% of the entire grade, but on the bright side I did well on the 5 & 10 mark questions and both teachers commented that "I'd made an excellent start to the 25 mark question but it'd help if I'd finished it"
    Government & Politics (Unit 1) Retake - Unknown (My teacher hasn't told me yet... )
    Maths (C1) - D (I made so many silly mistakes but I can work on it and should be able to improve it without too much hassle)
    Maths (S1) - U (I need to work on my statistics...)
    Maths (S1) Retake - D (Well its better than a U...)
    History (USA Depression) - C (I couldn't stand History any longer (it was so depressing *pun intended*) so I dropped it making it more ironic that it was the subject that I did the best in...:unimpressed:)

So yeah there's certainly room for improvement but with some motivation and a fresh me hopefully I can get A's across the board and maybe even see some *s on the results sheet come August next year.

So what's the purpose of this blog:
    - For me to outline every piece of work I've done every day for all my subjects so that if procrastinated all day I can feel bad about it.
    - For me to plan what I need to do in the future.
    - For me to talk about class assessments and exams and to cry to all of you when I think I've completely failed.
    - To entertain and possibly help any of you who may end up reading this.

So here goes, my diary of sorts begins on the 18/02/16, exactly three months away from my first ever A level exam. :3

P.S: I've never posted or commented on anything on TSR before so I've spent more time learning how to format this than actually writing it. :laugh:

P.S.S: I've also started learning Japanese because why not...*gulp*

Im also teaching myself Japanese! If you have any useful links or anything I would really appreciate looking at those. I've been looking at the speech side of it as kanji and hirigana both look terrifying haha. Also what are you doing for your EPQ? I was thinking about looking into Japanese culture but wasn't sure if that was too broad.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

My EPQ is a comparison between the education systems of the UK and Finland. So its essentially a really long essay and presentation on why Finland is more successful than us in regards to education and how we could change that.
    That's really interesting

(Not the long essay bit) But the stuff about different education standards here and abroad. What made you choose this? Are you interested in going into teaching as a career?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RGPunt)
    Im also teaching myself Japanese! If you have any useful links or anything I would really appreciate looking at those. I've been looking at the speech side of it as kanji and hirigana both look terrifying haha. Also what are you doing for your EPQ? I was thinking about looking into Japanese culture but wasn't sure if that was too broad.
    Well for Japanese there's quite a few things I've found; for learning materials and work sheets and practice grids and all sorts of things (its loaded with free resources!!!), there's this: http://www.mlcjapanese.co.jp/Download.htm
    There's Tae Kim's guides (which is good for hiragana & katakana as well as grammar): http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/
    I also use the 'Introduction to Japanese' course on Memrise to get a solid foundation of hiragana: http://www.memrise.com/home/

If you're interested in purchasing materials, I've purchased two of the 'Japanese for Busy People' books (you'll have to choose which ones you're interested in) and a lot of people (especially teachers) appear to use 'Genki'.

As for the EPQ, mines on assessing the benefits of the Finnish and British education to see where we can improve our current system. Doing an EPQ on Japanese culture would be a great idea as long as you can think of a question to apply to it.
    Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Well for Japanese there's quite a few things I've found; for learning materials and work sheets and practice grids and all sorts of things (its loaded with free resources!!!), there's this: http://www.mlcjapanese.co.jp/Download.htm
    There's Tae Kim's guides (which is good for hiragana & katakana as well as grammar): http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/
    I also use the 'Introduction to Japanese' course on Memrise to get a solid foundation of hiragana: http://www.memrise.com/home/

If you're interested in purchasing materials, I've purchased two of the 'Japanese for Busy People' books (you'll have to choose which ones you're interested in) and a lot of people (especially teachers) appear to use 'Genki'.

As for the EPQ, mines on assessing the benefits of the Finnish and British education to see where we can improve our current system. Doing an EPQ on Japanese culture would be a great idea as long as you can think of a question to apply to it.
    Hope that helps!
    Thank you so much! I'll definitely take a look at those books Good luck with your EPQ!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tank Girl)
    That's really interesting

(Not the long essay bit) But the stuff about different education standards here and abroad. What made you choose this? Are you interested in going into teaching as a career?
    I mainly picked it because I knew from procrastinating in the past that Finland has a very different approach to education than we do. Its also pretty easy to compare the two and its a very "academic" subject area to pick. I have pondered the idea of going into teaching but as of right now its more of a Plan B for me. In all honesty I have no idea what I want to do as a career.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday 25/02/16
    Well today has been productive and I'm exhausted...:yawn:

In my free period I did revision for the Computer Science test tomorrow. I looked over scheduling, interrupts, Von Neumann architecture and some other bits I learnt earlier in the year. I created flash cards which I haven't done since GCSE and I'm surprised to find out, that they're perfect for CS revision, so from now on I'm using them to revise for CS. I'm contemplating trying to create revision flash cards after every lesson for all my subjects, just covering what was taught in the lesson as I've seen a girl who I'm friends with in Year 13, do that for all her subjects and she's arguably the smartest student in the entire school and gets amazing grades...so...might as well copy her.

Maths -Well I received the results for a test I did back at the end of October on differentiation & quadratics and I got 71% which I'm pretty happy with. I don't even remember doing it though, so I'm not entirely sure on the questions or my answers but I'm not going to fret about it.
    And then I received my C2 test I did on Monday back...
    46%................:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
    I'll give a detailed breakdown of what on earth happened but I made a barrage of silly mistakes and forgot to round things to 3 significant figures. However I nearly got full marks on the sequences part of the test and in comparison to the rest of the class I did decently so its not all bad.

Then on Thursdays we have Programming Club after school in which half of my six-man (including myself) CS class attend. So I worked a bit on functions and then, with the help of my friend who knows a lot more about programming then anyone else in the class, started working on creating the score board from Eurovision. Its useful as it combines functions, lists, file management and some other things together and its interesting to see it come along. I should have it all finished within the next week.

When I got home, I did a few more hundred words of my EPQ essay and have surpassed the 4000 word mark. :grin:
    I still need to do my Japanese and Spanish tonight but otherwise I'm going to bed...:sleep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna sub to the thread since it's interesting.

You guys have any ideas for tackling knowledge for when you get into the exam? Sometimes I find myself reading through my notes and finding that all the information isn't going into my brain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niyi Aderounmu)
    I'm gonna sub to the thread since it's interesting.

You guys have any ideas for tackling knowledge for when you get into the exam? Sometimes I find myself reading through my notes and finding that all the information isn't going into my brain.
    I use this app called 'cram' you can make flashcards and use then to memorise information or play games-its really handy! you can download the app to your phone/tablet or use it on a computer OR print the flashcards out and use them as hard copies. You can also search topics and use other peoples flashcards so if you have friends doing the same course you can easily share information making the cards easier to create.
    http://www.cram.com/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.