Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

If a girl asks a guy out on a date and he says 'no', does that mean she ugly? watch

Announcements

Well actually the answer I got was 'I'm not sure', which is basically a no.

I feel really unattractive now I've lost all my confidence. I'm sure most straight, single guys wouldn't turn down a simple coffee/lunch date with a girl unless they thought she was ugly. I'll never do this again

ReputationRep:
    Dating yeah especially if they had nothing else. If I just wanted to bed em you must be really ugly lol no not quite serious.

(Original post by Anonymous)

I feel really unattractive now I've lost all my confidence. I'm sure most straight, single guys wouldn't turn down a simple coffee/lunch date with a girl unless they thought she was ugly. I'll never do this again
    You're jumping to conclusions way to quick now there are many possibilities as to why he would reject you. He may simply lack interest in you or perhaps is busy. I wouldn't put myself down over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous;[url="tel:62815009")
    62815009[/url]]Well actually the answer I got was 'I'm not sure', which is basically a no.

This has happened to me before I just think now, what the hell was I thinking he's ugly and arrogant and didn't deserve me anyway. But I like a guy who is 10x better than him anyway. Just be patient the right guy will come along who will think you're the most beautiful girl in the world.

(Original post by whorace)
    Dating yeah especially if they had nothing else. If I just wanted to bed em you must be really ugly lol no not quite serious.
    Yeah I have come to learn he's not interested in anything serious, and I don't think he's ever had a girlfriend but has had casual stuff. Perhaps he said no because he knew he wasn't looking for what I am but I still think it's weird that he's not taking this opportunity to even try to even bed me which makes me think he must think I'm am one of the ugliest girls in the world.

ReputationRep:
    not necessarily....

May just mean he wasn't interested or didn't see you that way.

(Original post by Black Cat)
    You're jumping to conclusions way to quick now there are many possibilities as to why he would reject you. He may simply lack interest in you or perhaps is busy. I wouldn't put myself down over it.
    Yes it's true there could be many reasons. I still think if I was pretty enough it would have overcome any of these reasons and he wouldn't have been able to resist the chance to go on a date with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Nah, even people who work a lot make time for a pretty girl, face it he did not think you are good enough, thats ok some people have bad taste

(Original post by trapking)
    not necessarily....

May just mean he wasn't interested or didn't see you that way.
    That's still depressing... Surely that means he finds me unattractive? aka ugly :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You used "ugly" as a general term. In this instance, he may personally view you as being unattractive, but you must remember that attraction is subjective. Not everyone will view you the same.

ReputationRep:
    That's still depressing... Surely that means he finds me unattractive? aka ugly :confused:
    Whorace got it spot on if i'm honest, if a guy finds you pretty he will make time to see you no matter how busy he is if he doesn't find you attractive then he won't bother like this guy did.

However it doesnt mean youre ugly some people have different taste so it's okay if someone may not find you attractive they are plenty of other guys who will find you attractive.

ReputationRep:

He can be gay or have a girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    no.

it just means HE wasnt interested.

there are 3.5billion guys on the planet. try another guy.

(Original post by whorace)
    Nah, even people who work a lot make time for a pretty girl, face it he did not think you are good enough, thats ok some people have bad taste
    Yes I do believe if I was pretty enough he would have taken a hour our of his day to have lunch. I feel so awful though, I can't get over it I feel like a monster.

(Original post by Josb)
    He can be gay or have a girlfriend.
    He is straight, and single.

ReputationRep:
    He is straight, and single.
    Yes, he can have another girl in mind.

(Original post by trapking)
    Whorace got it spot on if i'm honest, if a guy finds you pretty he will make time to see you no matter how busy he is if he doesn't find you attractive then he won't bother like this guy did.

However it doesnt mean youre ugly some people have different taste so it's okay if someone may not find you attractive they are plenty of other guys who will find you attractive.
    How am I going to face him again, knowing that he sees me as less-than? We are friends but I'm not sure if this friendship is going to survive.

I know there's other guys but I wanted him so bad

(Original post by Josb)
    Yes, he can have another girl in mind.
    Ugh, I know one who is 1000s of times prettier than me, no doubt. I just want to vanish away

(Original post by Zenarthra)
    Lets see a picture.
    What's the point in that? It won't change his mind.

(Original post by theDanIdentity)
    no.

it just means HE wasnt interested.

there are 3.5billion guys on the planet. try another guy.
    I've tried a few, this is just the latest one. No one ever likes me tbh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.