Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If a girl asks a guy out on a date and he says 'no', does that mean she ugly? Watch

Announcements

(Original post by AngryRedhead)
    No, it doesn't mean you are ugly. Trust me, I've been through this a couple of times when I've asked dudes out, there could be a multitude of reasons:

1) Only looking for sex, not a relationship
    2) Already has a girlfriend
    3) May not find you attractive but that doesn't mean you are unattractive

Try not to loose perspective, allow yourself to mourn for a few days to get over the rejection but after that do not dwell on him. He's not worth it and there are loads of guys out there who would love to date you. Why get hung up on this one?

Move on and don't stay friends with him.
    I think it is number 1 and probably number 3 here. He doesn't want a relationship and has never had one despite heading towards his mid 20s but at the same time I'm confused as to why he wouldn't try and 'milk' the situation a little... That's usually what happens

Yeah it's true I shouldn't get hung up on him I may be missing the opportunity to find someone who actually cares but at the same point if I'm honest my ego is bruised.

(Original post by Withengar)
    Let me get this straight.

A male, or anyone else for that matter, can't turn you down unless they think you're ugly? You can't think of any other issues? Lack of intelligence, education, kindness, general empathy, reason? Not to mention various comparability issues. Certain people don't want to be in a relationship. Furthermore, some people are homosexual, asexual and so on. Don't get me wrong - getting rejected doesn't diminish your value as a human being in any way, but there are numerous reasons for getting rejected and it often boils down to comparability issues.
    Yes as I posted above I'm sure if he would have found me even to be slightly below average in looks he would have 'milked' the situation to try and get a bit of you-know-what, well that's usually what happens when I like a guy and he doesn't like me back lol.

I know I don't sound very smart in this thread but I've been to top 10 uni so I'm book smart, but probably not very life smart, I struggle with interpersonal relationships often as I let myself be trodden on I give too much of myself too quickly. I'm quite shy and awkward my social skills are rusty at times and really let me down especially in big groups. Yeah I have lots of flaws

(Original post by TitanCream)
    No it doesn't, not always. I have turned down many girls simply because of X and Y, some really good looking also. Don't feel like your face defines you
    That's reassuring to know, thank you. You're right my face shouldn't define me. Though unfortunately I do feel like it is a barrier for me ever finding a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes as I posted above I'm sure if he would have found me even to be slightly below average in looks he would have 'milked' the situation to try and get a bit of you-know-what, well that's usually what happens when I like a guy and he doesn't like me back lol.

I know I don't sound very smart in this thread but I've been to top 10 uni so I'm book smart, but probably not very life smart, I struggle with interpersonal relationships often as I let myself be trodden on I give too much of myself too quickly. I'm quite shy and awkward my social skills are rusty at times and really let me down especially in big groups. Yeah I have lots of flaws
    Well, if you have insecurities, I don't discuss it like this. You can send me a private message and I can give you a few pieces of advice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.