I had a job interview today for a summer research position at a hospital. These positions are incredibly competitive amongst undergrads and get hundreds of applicants. I have no idea of my "chances" of getting a job offer based on my interview today. I picked up some signs that the interview went bad and some signs that it went good. So what do you think about what the interviewers thought of me?
- Interview was only 22 minutes (I was schedule for 30 minutes)
- The interviewer was not "leaning forward" (I read this shows they are interested)
- No mention of when I will hear from them (I also forgot to ask)
- Recieved business card where interviewer wrote her email address on (she gave me the doctor's card but wrote her information on the back)
- I found the interview to be relatively personalized. There were a couple of general questions but the other questions were based on my answers
- Eye contact at all times with me
- They asked about holidays (if I will be taking any), ability to stay overtime, if I have my own computer, and discussed what to do if I cannot come into work one day
So I'm kind of confused about how it went. This job is so important and I am sort of obsessing over it.
Had a job interview today... I have no idea how it went! watch
- Thread Starter
- 18-02-2016 02:11
- 18-02-2016 02:17
Your gut feeling is normally quite indicative
- 18-02-2016 21:05
Don't worry about interviews ending early. I had a retail interview end in 12 minutes and I got the job a few hours after (even though I thought the interview didn't go well!)