Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had a job interview today for a summer research position at a hospital. These positions are incredibly competitive amongst undergrads and get hundreds of applicants. I have no idea of my "chances" of getting a job offer based on my interview today. I picked up some signs that the interview went bad and some signs that it went good. So what do you think about what the interviewers thought of me?

Bad signs:
    - Interview was only 22 minutes (I was schedule for 30 minutes)
    - The interviewer was not "leaning forward" (I read this shows they are interested)
    - No mention of when I will hear from them (I also forgot to ask)

Good signs:
    - Recieved business card where interviewer wrote her email address on (she gave me the doctor's card but wrote her information on the back)
    - I found the interview to be relatively personalized. There were a couple of general questions but the other questions were based on my answers
    - Eye contact at all times with me
    - They asked about holidays (if I will be taking any), ability to stay overtime, if I have my own computer, and discussed what to do if I cannot come into work one day

So I'm kind of confused about how it went. This job is so important and I am sort of obsessing over it.

ReputationRep:
    Your gut feeling is normally quite indicative

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about interviews ending early. I had a retail interview end in 12 minutes and I got the job a few hours after (even though I thought the interview didn't go well!)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.