Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Losing virginity to a guy I want casual sex with while at uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically there's a guy two years up from me. I'm first year. And we've been talking and I just really want to sleep with him. But I'm a virgin. I feel like I won't regret it because since the start of the year I've liked him and wanted to sleep with him. But if it comes down to it how do I tell him j am a virgin.
    Has anyone done this before. Do you regret it or not?
    I don't see virginity as such a big thing. I just really want sex lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stay132)
    Basically there's a guy two years up from me. I'm first year. And we've been talking and I just really want to sleep with him. But I'm a virgin. I feel like I won't regret it because since the start of the year I've liked him and wanted to sleep with him. But if it comes down to it how do I tell him j am a virgin.
    Why? why feel the need to sleep with someone?

ReputationRep:
    you've only 'liked' this guy for less than two months yet and youre giving him your virginity, well..lets hope in 20 years you dont look back and regret it..just saying you might do, why is it so difficult to wait? im sure ann summers probably still have a sale on from new years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    youve never even 'liked' this guy for two months yet and youre giving him your virginity, well..lets hope in 20 years you dont look back and regret it..
    "giving him your virginity". Come on, virginity is not a tangible thing and it is not owned by whoever you "lose" it to. People wouldn't care half as much about virginity if it weren't for illogical undue attention being paid to it and people acting like you're going to suddenly change or lose some part of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Be natural, go on a date/study break/netflix&chill whatever, but be sure to let him know before the sexy times start.
    Best time to do it is when the inevitable "So what's your romantic history?" question comes up. A simple "I've never been intimate with a guy" will suffice, don't make a big deal out of it. Plenty of people your age have limited experience, it's perfectly normal.

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone assume you're a girl.

Assuming you are ;
    He'll want you more if he knows you're a virgin. Talk to him and try get yourself Invite to his place (Or vice versa), get takeaway, get Netflix on (If he doesn't have Netflix, get out immediately, he's bad news), have some alcohol if you both feel like it, it'll make it easier to start. Get in range to kiss him, look deep into his eyes and lean in, he will follow suite and you'll be making out in no time. Stroke his little man through his trousers, then slowly unbutton them, he will do the same to you. It will all progress naturally from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    "giving him your virginity". Come on, virginity is not a tangible thing and it is not owned by whoever you "lose" it to. People wouldn't care half as much about virginity if it weren't for illogical undue attention being paid to it and people acting like you're going to suddenly change or lose some part of yourself.
    While you're right that virginity isn't a physical thing, it does matter. Your first time being intimate with somebody can affect your sexual encounters throughout your entire life. Trust issues, emotional openess, kinks, all can be developed during that initial encounter.
    However, if it's with somebody you trust and the two of you have mutual caring, you can't go far wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Well, in my opinion Virginity is something that must be treasured. If you really have the perseverance in keeping there is no strong guy that can force you to do "it".

ReputationRep:
    you can so tell a boy wrote this just from how insensitive your whole perception is on this topic hahah what a joke
    Interesting that you look straight to my identity rather than positing any objective argument. I mainly took issue with your notion that she is "giving" him something; the whole argument seems to come from some strange notion of virginity that's been passed down rather than something that holds the importance it is imbued with. I am not saying it means absolutely nothing, or that people should all have one night stands with someone they don't know their first time, or anything like that; I am just saying that I think putting loads of weight on it can be destructive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Interesting that you look straight to my identity rather than positing any objective argument. I mainly took issue with your notion that she is "giving" him something; the whole argument seems to come from some strange notion of virginity that's been passed down rather than something that holds the importance it is imbued with. I am not saying it means absolutely nothing, or that people should all have one night stands with someone they don't know their first time, or anything like that; I am just saying that I think putting loads of weight on it can be destructive.
    i agree that it can be destructive if people big it up and call it this like, holy grail thing that only youre one true love could possibly experience with you or some ********, but i do think it is a 'thing' and idk if thats because im a girl, but i did feel slightly different the next day and after my first time (and so did all my other girl friends when discussed) so thats why i pointed out that you must be male because you pointed out how i worded it as an actual thing. well, each to their own but i really dont think OP should sleep with this guy...not yet anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdjectiveNoun)
    While you're right that virginity isn't a physical thing, it does matter. Your first time being intimate with somebody can affect your sexual encounters throughout your entire life. Trust issues, emotional openess, kinks, all can be developed during that initial encounter.
    However, if it's with somebody you trust and the two of you have mutual caring, you can't go far wrong.
    Yeah I'm not saying it is entirely irrelevant (reply to other person addresses this I guess). But I think that the importance is overstated, and it would probably take a particularly negative virginity-losing experience to really adversely affect someone.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. Don't listen to what anyone else says, it's not their virginity. If you want it, do it. Simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    i agree that it can be destructive if people big it up and call it this like, holy grail thing that only youre one true love could possibly experience with you or some ********, but i do think it is a 'thing' and idk if thats because im a girl, but i did feel slightly different the next day and after my first time (and so did all my other girl friends when discussed) so thats why i pointed out that you must be male because you pointed out how i worded it as an actual thing. well, each to their own but i really dont think OP should sleep with this guy...not yet anyways
    I would say I felt different also...but what I was trying to get across was that someone's first time does not necessarily define them/their sexual and romantic life; I do not think virginity means nothing, but rather that it means more than it should likely as a result of historical perceptions of it. I think it is somewhat unfortunate for both sexes in that there is pressure on guys to lose your virginity and virgin is thrown around as an insult, and that there is pressure on girls to lose it in the "right" fashion, and these pressures, though probably stemming from some innate gut/biological feelings, could well be alleviated if less emphasis was put on virginity.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think virginity is as deep as people make it out to be. If you want to lose it to someone who you are not in a relationship with, then go ahead. I honestly dont think there is a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panda121295)
    Well, in my opinion Virginity is something that must be treasured. If you really have the perseverance in keeping there is no strong guy that can force you to do "it".
    That's ridiculous. You don't become lesser once you've had sex. In fact, after the first encounter you're probably nearly as clueless as prior to it in knowledge of sex.
    This culture of treasuring virginity in women only is harmful. It only leads to slut-shaming.
    I know too many girls who thought they were suddenly worth less after having sex because of society's influence making them think it's a huge part of their identity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I reckon he would figure it out himself ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I dont think virginity is as deep as people make it out to be. If you want to lose it to someone who you are not in a relationship with, then go ahead. I honestly dont think there is a problem.
    YEah right

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, the whole notion of losing it to your boyfriend in a really romantic way is a really nice idea, but often it doesn't work out that way, and that's totally fine! It is just one encounter of many. Mine wasn't all that memorable really but in the weeks after there were some very good times with that same person which made up for it!

It is obviously something very intimate and can make you feel quite vulnerable but as long as it's your choice, you're in control. The fact that you like this guy and he seems to like you is good, and you have got to know him a little as well. I know lot of people who had their first times with randoms/one night stands and it did bother some of them looking back, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. I know some people whose one nighters turned into a relationship, so that can happen.

A lot of people these days actually have sex with someone before they are actually "boyfriend and girlfriend" anyway. Some people say they're going to wait as well and things just lead to another and it happens. You're at the age now where you are curious and have all these hormones pumping around so probably a bit sexually frustrated, it's natural and normal.

Just bear in mind that because you are a virgin, it might be painful and uncomfortable the first time (some people's is, some isn't, everyone's different.) If your hymen is still intact it may bleed a little but nothing too gory! Make sure you use protection and only do what you feel comfortable and relaxed about doing. Also, avoid letting someone use you if you feel like you have feelings for them but aren't sure if they feel the same. Good luck! 😘

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panda121295)
    YEah right
    Are you applying that what I said was wrong?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.