Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    By arms I don't mean your arm pits but your actual arms.

I was talking to a friend who said she shaves her arms and I'll admit I was kind of shocked because I've never heard of anyone doing that before. It seems like a lot of upkeep and hassle!

ALSO what do you think of unshaven arms? It has honestly never ever bothered me, nor have a looked at someone and thought "they have hairy arms".

Guys - is it a turn off to have unshaven arms or do you prefer a low maintenance girl?

ReputationRep:
    Yep and I think hair grows back thicker if you shave... I wax it's so much quicker!!

ReputationRep:
    i guess light haired people can get away with it but us Asians need to lol, i epilate or wax em

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    I agree! Problem with shaving is that hair gets thicker when it grows back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    i guess light haired people can get away with it but us Asians need to lol, i epilate or wax em
    Doesn't that make the hair grow back more though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenshades)
    Doesn't that make the hair grow back more though?
    no when i epilate or wax it doesnt, shaving does though

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how hairy. If like that, then yes:

ReputationRep:
    I never have, it's a horrible feeling touching someones arm and it being prickly.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I like having super soft arms

P.S. I epilate oops
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    As a guy, if you have more bodily hair than me it can be off putting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I leave my arms alone (although I am blonde so the hair situation isn't too bad). Some of my friends remove the hair on their arms and their arms are always prickly rather than soft. I think that's less attractive than the hair tbh!

ReputationRep:
    no i never shave my arms i swear thats not a thing? (im a girl) i do pits not arms tho but i have blonde hairs so

ReputationRep:
    No only shave my face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anne_breakable)
    I agree! Problem with shaving is that hair gets thicker when it grows back.
    It doesn't, the top of the hair is tapered, when you shave you slice the top off and it become flat, meaning it probably looks thicker when it starts to grow back. Stubble also feels 'sharper'.

ReputationRep:
    What epilator do you girls use?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missdanse)
    By arms I don't mean your arm pits but your actual arms.

I was talking to a friend who said she shaves her arms and I'll admit I was kind of shocked because I've never heard of anyone doing that before. It seems like a lot of upkeep and hassle!

ALSO what do you think of unshaven arms? It has honestly never ever bothered me, nor have a looked at someone and thought "they have hairy arms".

Guys - is it a turn off to have unshaven arms or do you prefer a low maintenance girl?
    I don't shave my arms no, but if they were hairy, I probably would shave them tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I shave nothing. Join us furballs.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.