Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British/TSR culture that i'm not understand Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Based on my latest thread. Now i know a little bit about the habbit or culture of peoples in this site. For example, i know that peoples here not using "buddy" or something like that when they're talked each other. Or about they're never say "i want to make a friend", "i just want to have a friend".

But, i don't understand why it's difficult for asking a social media like Twitter, BBM, Whatsapp, Skype or something like that. So, how if we want to share a photo, phone or video calling, and quick respons chat with some peoples here? Is it all about privacy or...??

I just want to be closer with some peoples here, but i don't know how to do

ReputationRep:
    Omg i made a mistakes. The tittle should be "that i don't understand" not "i'm not understand". Sorry.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThalutGultom)
    Based on my latest thread. Now i know a little bit about the habbit or culture of peoples in this site. For example, i know that peoples here not using "buddy" or something like that when they're talked each other. Or about they're never say "i want to make a friend", "i just want to have a friend".

But, i don't understand why it's difficult for asking a social media like Twitter, BBM, Whatsapp, Skype or something like that. So, how if we want to share a photo, phone or video calling, and quick respons chat with some peoples here? Is it all about privacy or...??

I just want to be closer with some peoples here, but i don't know how to do
    It's because people aren't very trusting. That being said it's never stopped me:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    It's because people aren't very trusting. That being said it's never stopped me:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't trust Andy98, last month there was like 10 Andy lovers, where did you put the bodies??!'!?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Don't trust Andy98, last month there was like 10 Andy lovers, where did you put the bodies??!'!?
    10?? They got banned because someone decided they were trolls

Or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    10?? They got banned because someone decided they were trolls

Or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have a confession. I made one of those threads for the banter
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    I have a confession. I made one of those threads for the banter
    I knew you would, you always see something remotely funny and whore it out until it isn't funny

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not very trusting huh. Okay i see. Thanks Andy
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Not very trusting huh. Okay i see. Thanks Andy
    No problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So they're just replying post like this, and sending private message?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So they're just replying post like this, and sending private message?
    Usually, there are a few I talk to offline

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you need to say/send to strangers on the internet, that you cannot send via private message OP? Why do you need personal private contact numbers?

ReputationRep:
    Usually, there are a few I talk to offline

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah i know. I mean, sharing picture each other, phone call/video call, quick respons chatting like messenger with peoples here.. Should i stop thinking about that?? Becuse it wouldn't happened, right?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i know. I mean, sharing picture each other, phone call/video call, quick respons chatting like messenger with peoples here.. Should i stop thinking about that?? Becuse it wouldn't happened, right?
    Yeah that's what I mean - I do it with a few

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCC75)
    What do you need to say/send to strangers on the internet, that you cannot send via private message OP? Why do you need personal private contact numbers?
    I think that strangers on the internet maybe can become my friend, and friend have many things to talk, usually they're sending photos each other or sometimes video calling. I think private message can't do those stuff, maybe can send a message or photo, but its low respons, isn't it?

No, it doesnt have to private contact number, for me something like Twitter is enough.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what I mean - I do it with a few

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry i don't get it. What do you do with a few?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Sorry i don't get it. What do you do with a few?
    I'm on WhatsApp with one, Kik with another, email with another, Facebook with one or two, Skype with a few

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm on WhatsApp with one, Kik with another, email with another, Facebook with one or two, Skype with a few

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is there a few person in this site?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Is there a few person in this site?
    Yes, those are all people I met on TSR

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think that strangers on the internet maybe can become my friend, and friend have many things to talk, usually they're sending photos each other or sometimes video calling. I think private message can't do those stuff, maybe can send a message or photo, but its low respons, isn't it?

No, it doesnt have to private contact number, for me something like Twitter is enough.
    Okay, I understand you clearer now. Develop the online friendships first, then exchange Twitter, Facebook, etc, later. Most people won't be comfortable to provide direct messaging details before the friendship.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.