Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girl I like started messaging me Watch

Announcements

I've been speaking to this girl for the past few months and I have been making it really obvious that I like her but she has never responded to it, despite this we still messaged and spoke to each other because we get on really well. Anyway I was starting to get fed up of me being the one always initiating the conversation with her so about three weeks ago I just stopped messaging her.

Last night out of the blue she sent me a message that said "just wanted to say hi I haven't spoken to you for ages I hope you're ok". As of yet I have not replied, what should I take this message out of the blue to mean and how should I reply?

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks

You are not on her radar, only a masochist waits 3 weeks to text a crush

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been speaking to this girl for the past few months and I have been making it really obvious that I like her but she has never responded to it, despite this we still messaged and spoke to each other because we get on really well. Anyway I was starting to get fed up of me being the one always initiating the conversation with her so about three weeks ago I just stopped messaging her.

Last night out of the blue she sent me a message that said "just wanted to say hi I haven't spoken to you for ages I hope you're ok". As of yet I have not replied, what should I take this message out of the blue to mean and how should I reply?
    Maybe she is worried you have dropped dead? i would wait till the afternoon to reply back or wait till the evening to show you have a life (even if you don't) and reply 'hi, great thanks how are you? how is the school holidays'. Don't act needy or desperate when you reply back.

(Original post by whorace)
    3 weeks

So should I just ignore it?

(Original post by sajjadws)
    Maybe she is worried you have dropped dead? i would wait till the afternoon to reply back or wait till the evening to show you have a life (even if you don't) and reply 'hi, great thanks how are you? how is the school holidays'. Don't act needy or desperate when you reply back.
    I can't see how she would be worried I've dropped dead as she has me on Facebook and Twitter so she can see I've been doing stuff. Maybe the fact that I stopped messaging her has got to her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    3 weeks

I can't see how she would be worried I've dropped dead as she has me on Facebook and Twitter so she can see I've been doing stuff. Maybe the fact that I stopped messaging her has got to her?
    Woahh didn't read that bit, op she texted you after 3 weeks! maybe she is concerned about her puppy dog not giving her any attention ie YOU

Woahh didn't read that bit, op she texted you after 3 weeks! maybe she is concerned about her puppy dog not giving her any attention ie YOU
    That's what I'm thinking.

ReputationRep:
    That's what I'm thinking.
    You can decide not to text her or you can a whole 24 hours since her reply and keep it short.
    3 weeks is ridiculous...although i do text my friend every month as i can't be bothered to keep in touch. She could be playing games?

You can decide not to text her or you can a whole 24 hours since her reply and keep it short.
    3 weeks is ridiculous...although i do text my friend every month as i can't be bothered to keep in touch. She could be playing games?
    Maybe she is playing games but 3 weeks probably is the longest we've ever gone without talking so maybe she does genuinely miss me. My head is a mess I can't figure it out.

ReputationRep:
    Damn you guys are serious. Perhaps she's just been busy and getting on with her life. If you're worried she's taking advantage of you then I wouldn't worry too much, the radars are already in your head. You can still text in a friendly way, she's clearly interested in you as a friend because she's hoping you're well. You don't have to completely ignore her, and if you play that game then she will most definitely lose interest. Be sincere, be friendly, obviously don't come on too strongly if you don't know how she feels and it'll be fine.

(Original post by syntheticdescent)
    Damn you guys are serious. Perhaps she's just been busy and getting on with her life. If you're worried she's taking advantage of you then I wouldn't worry too much, the radars are already in your head. You can still text in a friendly way, she's clearly interested in you as a friend because she's hoping you're well. You don't have to completely ignore her, and if you play that game then she will most definitely lose interest. Be sincere, be friendly, obviously don't come on too strongly if you don't know how she feels and it'll be fine.
    So I'm best just messaging her as a friend and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    So I'm best just messaging her as a friend and see what happens.
    Yes, OP. You're overthinking the situation. Try to ground yourself. You'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    So should I just ignore it?
    No that would be rude. Be polite and respond to her message.

ReputationRep:
    I too believe you are overthinking things. You like her so just text her and take it from there. It's that simple 😎

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of my situation a few months ago... I asked her out and now she's my girlfriend. Just tell her how you feel and then ask her to go out with you... its not hard. And just to remind you, I initiated nearly every conversation until she liked me and then she'd initiate conversations too. Put some effort in and grow some nuts

ReputationRep:
    She wants to get married

ReputationRep:
    Ask to meet up.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.