Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No matter what for the past year I've always seemed to have bad breathe. I brush my team twice a day, there quite white, I have chewing gum all the time just to prevent it from smelling but it just always stinks. What can I do to stop it from smelling all the time? And plus why does everyone's breathe smell in the morning?

ReputationRep:
    Brush back of tongue, under and gums. Use mouthwash. FLoss. Watch what you eat, meat in particular.

ReputationRep:
    People get morning breath because the bacteria build up over night and your mouth needs refreshing - it has been resting so it's not been chewing or salivating which helps get things going. Have a look at your tongue - does it look coated/yellow? Most bad breath actually comes from the tongue not the teeth! Buy a tongue scraper and gently scrape the gunk off. Use an antibacterial mouthwash and floss to make sure no bits of food are left in your teeth. Drink plenty of fluids - water is best of course, I also like peppermint tea - and make sure you have regular bowel movements. It does sound like you have good oral hygiene so maybe you need to book a doctor's appointment to make sure there are no underlying health issues. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by JayDaniels16)
    No matter what for the past year I've always seemed to have bad breathe. I brush my team twice a day, there quite white, I have chewing gum all the time just to prevent it from smelling but it just always stinks. What can I do to stop it from smelling all the time? And plus why does everyone's breathe smell in the morning?
    if you practice good dental hygiene and still have persistent halitosis it can mean you have something like tonsilar stones or an untreated infection.
    A dentist should be your first port of call.

ReputationRep:
    Spelling breath right usually helps too :cute:

ReputationRep:
    gum helps too
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Fishermen's Friends.

ReputationRep:
    Check to see if you have tonsil stones. They aren't dangerous or anything but they are notorious for causing bad breath. Look behind and on your tonsils and you might see these little white pus like spots and that will be a tonsil stone. Sometimes you cough them up and you can smell or taste them and they are horrid. No amount of brushing or gum gets rid of their smell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    eat less meat

ReputationRep:
    Get a tongue scraper! I was struggling with bad breath too. A tongue scraper will remove all the gunk on your tongue that your toothbrush won't. Brush your teeth, use a tongue scraper then use mouthwash. Take some gum too to be on the safe side

ReputationRep:
    Most likely something to do with your diet. Do you eat regularly? bad breath is also ironically associated with hunger, due to some of the substances the body produces when in starvation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.