Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I already have a degree in English Literature, which I have an outstanding student finance loan for. I've seen elsewhere that you should be eligible for a second loan if you're studing for certain qualifications again. I'm considering another degree to become a veterinary nurse. With this in mind, can I get another loan from Student Finance? Even if it is just a tuition loan?
    Any advice would be great!!
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi beckyr1992

    New full-time students who already hold an equivalent or higher level qualification will be eligible for Maintenance Loan support if their new course leads to a qualification as a: - Medical Doctor - Dentist - Veterinary Surgeon - Architect - Social Worker - Teaching qualification where student is awarded QTS (more than two years in length eg hons degree courses)

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.